Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Fatsest Car out of the box!!!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Fudge
My Feedback: (104)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatsest Car out of the box!!!

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy the fastest car out of the box, and was wondering between the cars listed below which is faster?
~Schumacher Fusion 28
~Traxxas 4 tec
~Cen CTR 5.0
~RS4 3 evo+

Or do you have any suggestions?
Basically I need something really fast, even brushless powered if it's faster than nitro!!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:51 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Fatsest Car out of the box!!!

RS4 evo shouldn't even be on that list it is more on par with the NTC3, the Traxxas and Schumaker are going to be the fastest, no experience with the schumaker personally, but the 4tec is insane... If you got an RS4 or NTC3+ (The NTC3+ is better out of the box for the same price as an evo more adjustments) and dropped an OS .18 CV-RX or TZ in it those would be close to being able to stay with a 4tec... The thing about these cars though is that if you get them so fast, they are only good in straight line runs, and well that gets old quick...
Old 08-05-2009, 04:14 PM
jikkuria

the schumacher has the parts availability issue in many area's and doesn't handle great. the 4-tec is also a very fast car, but again doesn't handle well. i think your best bet would be to pick up a used mugen 1/10 or 1/8 scale on road, as they are rockets that handle well.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:56 PM
oneofakindtrini

The Evo+ Should definately Not be on that list... The Schumacher Has a .28... its extremely Fast But It does not Handle Well At all.. Also Parts are not really available at hand with those cars... keep in mind The Traxxas Runs But If you hit a Curb You'll Rip the front enD off.... I've Seen it happen.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Fudge

I kinda now realize that the rs4 is not that fast!!
I want something That has tons of power, just for fun, and is crazy fast, I have cars for daily drivers, and I want something cool, that I can drive once in a while!!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:08 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

i have driven the 4tec 3.3, jato 3.3 and the hpi rs4 evo+. the 4tec and japt are sick fast. yes the evo+ isnt the fastest 50-60 but i had fun driving it. i didnt get the 4tec because it looks cheap as hell to me. i might pick up a jato i was looking at it today
Old 08-05-2009, 06:41 PM
nitrohead5300

Of the cars listed the Schumacher Fusion .28 and the Cen 5.0 have the potential of being the fastest cars if you replace the kit tires with extra wide foams like kawahara 30mm wide fronts and 40mm wide rears or else you will not be able to get them to grip on unprepared parking lot surfaces. Both these cars need to be setup on a Hudy Setup board so the suspension is in alignment so the cars will handle. You can get replacment parts for the Fusion from Schumacher USA get your parts in a couple of days so parts are not a problem with the Fusion.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Fudge

getting parts is not a problem, I wanna start a "street drag" thing going in a parking lot or so, and want the fastest car I can get with out having to basically redo the whole car!!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:45 PM
nitrohead5300

Good luck You won't have the fastest car for long if you don't improve it or update it so it can be compeititive.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:29 PM
ProRCRacer88

ORIGINAL: jikkuria

the schumacher has the parts availability issue in many area's and doesn't handle great. the 4-tec is also a very fast car, but again doesn't handle well. i think your best bet would be to pick up a used mugen 1/10 or 1/8 scale on road, as they are rockets that handle well.
They are both fast car but you have to have a perfect place to run it or you will tear the transmission and tires up. I had this problem in the past with an 1/8th onroad i had gotten for street racing. Those are rc track cars unless you can find the perfect parkinglot to run on. If so then Id highly recommend one of those 1/8th onroads. They are super fast and super durable.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:09 AM
Fudge

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

Good luck You won't have the fastest car for long if you don't improve it or update it so it can be compeititive.
O yeah I know, it's like that with everything, crawling (i got $1500 into my crawler so far) off-road racing, etc.
But by getting one of these I was hoping to get a head start on the competition!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 04:10 AM
Fudge

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88. If so then Id highly recommend one of those 1/8th onroads. They are super fast and super durable.
Who make a decent 1/8th scale then, maybe I'll check that out before I buy one!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:24 AM
nitrohead5300

To clean off a parking lot you and a buddy take a leaf blower with you and clean off the area where you are going to drag race at. Mugen, Serpents XR8 make good draggin cannidates.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:54 AM
ProRCRacer88

Kyosho and Mugen id say are the cars that will be easiest to find parts for. Kyosho is the most expensive out of them.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Fudge

any specific models from Kyosho or Mugen I should look at?
Old 08-06-2009, 04:39 PM
oneofakindtrini

Get a Evo+.. Put in a 18tz. Do a full aluminum Conversion. Upgraded Gearing and HD axles. IMo the hpi is the best because there is Much more AfterMarKet support over cars like the Schumacher. And the schumacher does not handle well at all. Trust me. GO on Ebay. There are some Definate OneOFaKind rs4's on there. Like chrome chassis.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Fudge

ORIGINAL: oneofakindtrini

Get a Evo+.. Put in a 18tz. Do a full aluminum Conversion. Upgraded Gearing and HD axles. IMo the hpi is the best because there is Much more AfterMarKet support over cars like the Schumacher. And the schumacher does not handle well at all. Trust me. GO on Ebay. There are some Definate OneOFaKind rs4's on there. Like chrome chassis.
I had a nice RS$ but my financial situation at that time forced me to sell it!!
I think, maybe I will try the RS4, but drop in the super charger, and nitrous kit!!
Some pix of my car:

Old 08-06-2009, 08:43 PM
total3d

i got a cen ct5s and its pretty damn quick out of the box. alot of people dont consider it, because of the brand i guess.
since the ctr5 is better than the ct5s, it will probably accelerate quicker. saying that, my ct5s is fairly quick off the line for a .15bb, and ive done around 100kph with it easily.
and its bloody tought too, i crashed mine at 50kph, rolled it off a gutter at aroudn 50-60kph, and no damage. only a minor bend in the cooling fins. only thing ive replaced in 3 years of owning one is 2 drive pulleys and a servo.
and im still using the stock slick tyres(which actually need to be replaced).
you can setup the cen to handle quite well, but i havent perfected mine yet(tyres are a big issue)

i havent seen, or tried the schumacher, but the 4tec is on par with the cen with top speed, but it seems cheap and too fragile imo.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:43 PM
nitrohead5300

Fudge I have had 3 Schumacher Fusions and they all handled quite well but you must use Hudy setup system to correctly set up the suspension. You also need to get rid of the kit tires, the rubber ones balloon out at high rpms and the foam tires are just too narrow for the Fusion .28 causing the car not to handle very well. Edam makes a 1/8 scale car that is a clone of a 1/8 scale serpent and can use alot of the serpents parts. The Edam RTR 1/8 scale onroad car cost $439.95 this includes a prepainted body and a engine. You can check this beast out at Wolf Hobbies.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:47 PM
iexion

1 Even tho the RS4 is one of my favorite RC cars, it will NEVER... I repeat NEVER will be as fast as any of these other cars. Hpi never made a tall enough gear ratio to carry the car over 70mph. Yes Ive owned a RS4 3 that had a 18TZ engine, RED clutch gears and 37x41 trany gears. Its was fast no question. But not 80mph stock fast...

1B You don't want a BigBlock conversion either because once again. RS4's don't have the gearing to make use of a BB engine's power.

2 Schumacher Fusion 28. This has a 3 speed tranny. Its geared right. And before you even think about touching the throttle, you won't see the car fly by (Look up the fusion 28 on youtube) So this is a good choice for speed.

3 IMO the newest bullet that hit the streets is the 1/16 traxxas slash and e-revo. I just got done watching a vid of a guy hitting 82mph with a brushless 1/16 e-revo.

3B If you want speeds you cant handle I would look into 1/10 on road brushless. Only thing is i would want a shaft driven car over a belt but most "race worthy" cars are belt driven. just an IMO
Old 08-07-2009, 04:01 AM
Fudge

ORIGINAL: iexion

3B If you want speeds you cant handle I would look into 1/10 on road brushless. Only thing is i would want a shaft driven car over a belt but most ''race worthy'' cars are belt driven. just an IMO
Any idea who makes a brushless car?
or is this something you have to convert, a nitro into, or just take a electric street car, and drop in a motor, and esc?
Old 08-07-2009, 06:44 AM
Miami Jato

Rs4 can be made to be way faster then any other car you mentioned here. believe me. And yes, I have a big block in mine. As far as gear ratio, you can put a tall gearing on this car to run at least 100 mph.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:14 AM
nitrohead5300

Yeah I know a guy who has a modified V1RRR with a .21 in it and it has been radared over 100mph. I think this guy is looking for something that is fast out of the box stock.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:05 AM
oneofakindtrini

ORIGINAL: iexion

1 Even tho the RS4 is one of my favorite RC cars, it will NEVER... I repeat NEVER will be as fast as any of these other cars. Hpi never made a tall enough gear ratio to carry the car over 70mph. Yes Ive owned a RS4 3 that had a 18TZ engine, RED clutch gears and 37x41 trany gears. Its was fast no question. But not 80mph stock fast...

1B You don't want a BigBlock conversion either because once again. RS4's don't have the gearing to make use of a BB engine's power.

2 Schumacher Fusion 28. This has a 3 speed tranny. Its geared right. And before you even think about touching the throttle, you won't see the car fly by (Look up the fusion 28 on youtube) So this is a good choice for speed.

3 IMO the newest bullet that hit the streets is the 1/16 traxxas slash and e-revo. I just got done watching a vid of a guy hitting 82mph with a brushless 1/16 e-revo.

3B If you want speeds you cant handle I would look into 1/10 on road brushless. Only thing is i would want a shaft driven car over a belt but most ''race worthy'' cars are belt driven. just an IMO
For one the... I have a 18tz And I cant really take that engine to full WOT. And BTw the 18tz is a small block thats why it doesn't take much for installtion.

I was in pep boys and I saw the E-revo. I plan to go back and buy it.

Also my 18tz is in a 18ss..

And I agree with you the fastest nitro cars are Belt driven cause of the engine layout. But the Driveshafts are so much more reliable. Again that is IMo as well.

ALSo the Hpi On and Off road cars the parts are much more availble compared to basically any brand.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fusion 28 out of the box is the fastest, but for project, as a couple of people have said, belt driven rs4 2.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.