Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

AWD to RWD?

Old 03-07-2010, 09:23 PM
pheanix11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWD to RWD?

so one of my dogbones came out (connecting from the diff. gears to front gear.) and i cant seem to put it back in, i was wondering if i could just leave it like that and turn it into a RWD since the dogbones are in at the rear.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:45 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: AWD to RWD?

You sure that it just fell out and didn't snap? Get a new bone, make sure that all the cups are in tact and that everything else is good, install new bone, and drive with AWD. Driving with RWD will be fun, but your tires will be gone real quick.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:53 PM
pheanix11

so i can drive it rwd! i dont mind replacing the tires and yea i found it the cup and the bone . its the cup from the diff.gears and the dog bone is fine but is there a way to put it back in? i find it impossible to put it back in.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Spetz

You will need to unscrew the top control arm and tilt the knuckle to put it in, then screw the control arm back on
Old 03-10-2010, 07:30 AM
pheanix11

?? i dont know all of the parts in the car , you may have to be a bit more specific
Old 03-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Spetz

There should be two arms sticking out from the car which hold a hub which the wheel is attached to
If you unscrew one of these arms off the hub which holds the wheel, you will be able to put the driveshaft back in there

If you spend a minute to look at it, you should be able to figure it out fairly easily
Old 03-12-2010, 09:35 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

What vehicle is it? Go to the companies website and download a free manual with exploded views of all the parts.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:07 PM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: pheanix11

so one of my dogbones came out (connecting from the diff. gears to front gear.) and i cant seem to put it back in, i was wondering if i could just leave it like that and turn it into a RWD since the dogbones are in at the rear.
For fun it's more than OK! For performance forget it...just try to keep it in straight line while accelerating and see what happens! youtube->search: gynaikas 18ss and see that when power comes to hand even 4wd powerslides...imagine the RWD scenario...