RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Inferno GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 07:20 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Inferno GT

I just picked up an Kyosho Inferno GT last night and it has the stock gx.28 engine on it with those funky engine mounts that are molded into the crankcase. Does anybody know where I can get a set of engine mounts that will fit with this car. I am going to be replacing the engine if I can find the mounts for it.

Also anybody know a good source for parts?
Thanks
Old 03-31-2010, 08:01 PM
D.DJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Inferno GT

Anywhere that sells 1/8 scale engine mounts will fit into it I believe. eBay is a good place, but you might have a shop closer to you that can have one. Search online and you will see....
What do you mean by the engine mounts are moulded into the crankcase? Do the bolts that hold the engine onto the chassis go straight into the engine (essentially having no engine mounts at all)? Or the engine mounts are moulded to fit the shape of the engine crankcase?
Old 03-31-2010, 08:04 PM
yakfish

the m otor mounts are part of the engine block. the block and mount are all one piece.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:11 PM
D.DJ

Ahh, I see. Then like I said, any 1/8 size mounts should fit into it. Just make sure that there are holes in the right spot for the mounts to fit, otherwise you will have to drill your own holes for the mounts. Shouldn't be too hard, it's only a minor mod so it shouldn't damage the chassis strength. Just don't mess it up
Old 03-31-2010, 08:28 PM
yakfish

ORIGINAL: D.DJ

Ahh, I see. Then like I said, any 1/8 size mounts should fit into it. Just make sure that there are holes in the right spot for the mounts to fit, otherwise you will have to drill your own holes for the mounts. Shouldn't be too hard, it's only a minor mod so it shouldn't damage the chassis strength. Just don't mess it up
I have drilled hole for motor mounts before but there are already holes in the chassis that look like they are ment for motor mounts so I was hoping that Kyosho made mount designed for the Inferno gt. I could just get mount for any 1/8 buggy/truggy and make them work but I would prffer to use the right mounts instead of having to drill the chassis.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:41 AM
D.DJ

well if the holes you are talking about are 2 holes on each end, 4 in total, then it should be fine. But if the holes are for the original engine, then there aren't any engine mounts that are shaped like that, not with 3 holes anyway.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:48 AM
etopsflight

Guys

How many of you out there are still running the Inferno GT. It's been discountinued for a while now and been replaced by the GT2. I got my GT out again today in a long time and discovered that the clutch shoes spring had snapped during the last run.

Atleast the stock GXR28 engine started without any problems that hadn't been run in a while. Hopefully get my hands on some spares tomorrow and have her fit for the following week.

A friend has just bought a GT2 so let the races begin!

Cheers

Etops
Old 04-14-2010, 09:19 AM
TURBOFUNGUS

you need this http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Mount-MP75-777
Old 04-14-2010, 06:38 PM
yakfish

Thanks for that. I have bid on a set of mounts for the ST-RR that I am pretty sure will fit. the chassis holes for the inferno GT and the ST-RR look the same.