Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

what nitro fuel to go with?

Old 04-03-2010, 12:08 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what nitro fuel to go with?

Whats the best nitro fuel to run in a .28 motor. Ive heard people saying "o this ones better then this one" and so on. Is there any tests that have been done to see if any of them actually make any more power then another type? Any help would be great I would like to see a poll of what people think and see just what people are using.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:31 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: what nitro fuel to go with?

Don't go any higher than 30% nitro. For cars, 'most' people usually run between 20%-30% nitro. Also, keep in mind that the higher the nitro, the more life that it will take away from the motor. I don't know the science behind it, but that is what I have read many times. As for oil, make sure that there is at least between 8%-12% of oil in the fuel.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:57 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run Byron's 20% race blend and it has been good. O'Donnel race blend is also good.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:04 PM
[email protected]

I was wondering if there is any test that have been done. Ive also heard that O'Donnel is good but no one seems to have any numbers to prove that one is better then another.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:08 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't thikn different brands of fuel give any more or less power. At least not if you are sticking with the same %. different fuel are more consistant and will help stabilize the tune or have the "right" oil content to keep the engine lubed. Just over all quallity.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:39 AM
[email protected]

that makes since never really looked at it that way.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:18 PM
supertib

different fuel do definitely make different levels of power..... if a fuel has 20% oil it has 10% less combustible material as a fuel that only has 10% oil..that can make a noticeable difference in performance.... As well different types of oils affect these engines differently, some of the heavier oils used can cause and engine to seem sluggish off the line and load up quickly...So depending on the oil % and oil type used you can actually see quite a significant difference in the performance of different brands of fuel
Old 04-04-2010, 03:53 PM
wrcsti

Ive run 3 brands. Monster and 2 others. By accident we picked up airplane fuel which has more oil in it at first, now I run 20 nitro and 12 oil since its a drift car I dont care about big power as its already overpowered (15fe overpowered lolwut?). I've had the same engine for 8 years with only problems being cause by me. (stripped head and screws falling loose).
Old 04-04-2010, 04:33 PM
[email protected]

I've tryed Trinity monster and sidewinder both 30%. I think I liked the Trinity better. Ive hear so many people say they like this or that. Im sure a big part in it is what there LHS carries. I think a poll would be best way to see just whitch one people like best.