RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   Is it safe to run an an rs4 3 evo + multiple times in a row? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/10865501-safe-run-rs4-3-evo-multiple-times-row.html)

maq1919 12-18-2011 03:55 PM

Is it safe to run an an rs4 3 evo + multiple times in a row?

How many times can I run an rs4 3 evo + with the stock engine before it gets too hot? I don't run my cars very hard. I run at the base needle settings.

tomst-maxx 12-18-2011 05:36 PM

RE: Is it safe to run an an rs4 3 evo + multiple times in a row?

as long as you keep a good eye on the temp you can run it all day long. I would give it a short rest every 5 tanks or so but thats about it.

yakfish 12-18-2011 06:21 PM

as long as you stay between 220-280 degrees you will be fine to run it as long as you have fuel!

rchabits 12-19-2011 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: yakfish

as long as you stay between 220-280 degrees you will be fine to run it as long as you have fuel!
Dont listen to this guy^^^^ even in cold weather the engine wont like running for more than 5 tanks in a row even properly tuned and you might even damage the pullstarter trying to turn it on after that many tanks in a row.A .21 on the other hand can go alot longer.There is no replacement for displacement and dont you forget it.

yakfish 12-19-2011 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: rchabits

Dont listen to this guy^^^^ even in cold weather the engine wont like running for more than 5 tanks in a row even properly tuned and you might even damage the pullstarter trying to turn it on after that many tanks in a row.A .21 on the other hand can go alot longer.There is no replacement for displacement and dont you forget it.

LOL:D:D:D:D

don't run too many tanks of fuel thru your engine you will mess up the pullstarter!!!:D:D:D:DLOL:D:D:D

steed2-inactive 12-19-2011 06:21 PM

this is the problem with forums, people can give advise like this. If the engine is properly tuned, and not abused, you can run it as long as you want. keep in mind a properly tuned engine none of the parts inside are touching one another. its when engine overheat or run lean that the protective oil film between the moving parts becomes compromised and rotating/stroking parts contact one another and result in damage. keep a good smooth powerband with decent smoke under accelleration, 220-280 degree's and have fun. cheers

silvermansteve 12-24-2011 10:59 PM

Habits is brusque, in addition to being wrong.

cobra26 12-25-2011 03:49 AM

Nitros, properly running and tuned and not running too lean, can be run consistently throughout a running session - no matter how long. If heat is not a severe problem there is no reason that you cannot run continuously as long as you want. I have run a gallon per day through some of my buggies and truggies with no problems whatsoever.

378 01-30-2012 03:50 PM

If it's tuned properly you can run that engine, quite literally, until the receiver batteries give out. The engine doesn't care if it runs in short spurts or one long session.

Also, the base settings are killing your engine. Lean it out man. You'll get way more power and it will last longer. If you need help doing that we'll be glad to help you tune it.

What?! I run mine for an hour straight. I refill the tank as it drains, no shutdowns whatsoever, and run 500CC through the engine in a go. It doesn't care. It's running as good now, three gallons through, as it did the day I broke it in. Also you won't damage the pull starter by trying to restart a hot engine unless you vaporlock it, flood it, or blow it up, and then keep yanking anyway even after it's ripped the car off the ground a few times. Don't be stupid with the pull starter and they last the life of the engine.