RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   Fuel won't flow and can't prime NITRO BUGGY (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/11674673-fuel-wont-flow-cant-prime-nitro-buggy.html)

needhelpplease 01-29-2020 06:10 AM

Fuel won't flow and can't prime NITRO BUGGY

So I have an HSP 1/10 scale warhead buggy and I haven't used it for about 5 months. I tried to get it going but I couldn't prime the buggy to get fuel into the carb. The only way I could move the fuel to the carb is by blowing into the tube that is connected to the exhaust. When I do this I am able to start the buggy and it runs for about 5 seconds with barely any smoke then dies down because no fuel is getting to the engine. It also gets VERY hot. To get it going again I would have to blow into the fuel line to move the fuel so it can run for another 5 seconds. My fuel lines are fine but it is quite loosely attached to the exhaust pipe due to the way the whole is structured. My exhaust gasket is broken but I tightened it pretty tight so I think it should be fine. Does anyone know how to fix this problem so I can prime my car and also get fuel flowing to the engine?
Thanks so much for your help.

1QwkSport2.5r 01-29-2020 01:22 PM

Low speed needle is probably WAY too lean.

needhelpplease 01-29-2020 09:13 PM

Also I can get the fuel to flow if i over the carb hole and full the trigger without putting my finger the exhaust hole. So I think the main issue is that my exhaust isnt creating enough pressure to push the fuel into the carb. Any further tips?

1QwkSport2.5r 01-29-2020 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by needhelpplease (Post 12579831)
Also I can get the fuel to flow if i over the carb hole and full the trigger without putting my finger the exhaust hole. So I think the main issue is that my exhaust isnt creating enough pressure to push the fuel into the carb. Any further tips?

There is no muffler pressure during starting or idle. Look, if the engine cannot draw fuel beyond the prime, but it can be primed, then you need to look at what limits fuel flow at idle in the carburetor. One way to confirm this is blow into the pressure line with carb at idle. While still blowing into the line, open the throttle wide. It should flow easier. Now, open the idle needle 1/2 turn and see if it flows easier with the throttle at idle.

Your problem comes up quite often. Quite often, the problem is either too lean or idle mixture, too small of an idle gap, or clogged carb. Since you can get fuel to go through, I doubt the carb is clogged. I’m guessing it’s just too lean.

J7777B 05-28-2020 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r (Post 12579844)
There is no muffler pressure during starting or idle. Look, if the engine cannot draw fuel beyond the prime, but it can be primed, then you need to look at what limits fuel flow at idle in the carburetor. One way to confirm this is blow into the pressure line with carb at idle. While still blowing into the line, open the throttle wide. It should flow easier. Now, open the idle needle 1/2 turn and see if it flows easier with the throttle at idle.

Your problem comes up quite often. Quite often, the problem is either too lean or idle mixture, too small of an idle gap, or clogged carb. Since you can get fuel to go through, I doubt the carb is clogged. I’m guessing it’s just too lean.

Hi, I wonder if you could help me.
My nitro car won't prime by the traditional ways the only way can get the fuel to the carburetor is to blow the pressure pipe and hold the throttle. The engine then can start for a bit and die.
Is it because the LSN too lean? Or please advice

Big Alice 06-07-2020 07:20 AM

Replace your broken exaust gasket. Your exaust pressure is leaking and not pressurizing your fuel tank That's where I'd start..

Richard-V 06-09-2020 01:15 AM

which engine do you use?