RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   HPI rs4 RTR 3 Evo vs. Team Associated NTC3 RTR (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/2135055-hpi-rs4-rtr-3-evo-vs-team-associated-ntc3-rtr.html)

rushrtr3 08-31-2004 02:53 PM

HPI rs4 RTR 3 Evo vs. Team Associated NTC3 RTR

I've narrowed my selection between thease 2 cars. HPI's rs4 rtr 3 evo and Associated's NTC3 rtr. Which should I choose? I'm planning on starting out as a basher and later on go into racing. Any help would be appreciated.

aznx2fine 08-31-2004 06:28 PM

RE: HPI rs4 RTR 3 Evo vs. Team Associated NTC3 RTR

both have proven to have racer capabilities, i myself have an rs4 3, when it first came out, now i have over 4 grand invested into it, NOTHING is stock, hits over 80mph ( maybe 83??..lol), corners like a dream, does what i want it to, and magazine approved for being a GREAT basher. my buddy's got the ntc3 factory tem with endless mods, it's a little more race-ready then the rs43 but not as good a basher, don't get me wrong still fun as hell to bash. so it's really hard to compare them considering the rs43 was made to bash, and the ntc3 was made to race.

vwcalbug 08-31-2004 07:06 PM

the nitro tc3 is very sturdy, alot of people claim not as good for bashing...but my factory team...i have hit my foot, sent it 4 feet in the air flipping, landed not on its wheels, no problem. I've hit poles head on going a good speed- no damage. Don't think its just going to crumble, it comes down to driving skills. I highly recommend the ntc3, specially if you want to race, but even for bashing, cus you will perform really well.- Justin

rushrtr3 09-01-2004 01:12 PM

Thanks for the info! How fast does the NTC3 go stock?

hipertec 09-01-2004 02:46 PM

get the tc3 PLUS version...i was in the same shoe but finally got the tc3 plus...love it! and the .15 motor is pretty fast. It actually kept up with others on the track...

rushrtr3 09-02-2004 03:56 PM

what acsesories did the NTC3 rtr plus come with and how much did you pay for it?

hipertec 09-02-2004 04:02 PM

the Plus Version comes with the two speed tranny, better clutch, Version 2 rear end, etc....MAKE SURE U GET THE PLUS.
The radio kinda sucks thou.....I got a hook up price for it, since my friend works at a hobby store. The cheapest (without hookup) was $309 at Ultimate Hobby.
Actually, my choice was Yokomo GT4-2, TC3 plus, or the Cen CT4S and I must say that when I purhcased the TC3 PLus, it was a great discussion.

rushrtr3 09-02-2004 04:06 PM

Is there anything else you would deside to change other than the Controler

hipertec 09-02-2004 04:57 PM

Well, When i took it to the tracks, my friend says that my stock steering servo was too slow, but then i think it was the radio system, so instead of buying a new servo, i put in my FM Hitec. It works alot better, but ill know when i take it to the tracks this weekend.
Oh ya...get Foam tires and the sway bars....

rushrtr3 09-02-2004 05:39 PM

I think you have me convinced. I have a Futaba 3PK so the radio is not a problem. Planing to order the car soon!:D Thanx for the help!!!:)

hipertec 09-02-2004 06:59 PM

NICE RADIO!! Trust me....the TC3 Plus is a good car...I went thru headaches and lots of time researching- even went to multiple hobby stores to make sure.
My friend drives a Mugen 1/10 onroad and he says that my TC3 drives quite well too :D

grover0878 09-03-2004 05:33 PM

I was in the same boat a couple of weeks ago, I ended up going with the NTC3 Plus and don't regret it a bit. The thing is almost too fast. I never drove it with the stock radio, I replace the receive with a JR Synthesized one so I could use my XS3 Radio. I can't talk bad about the HPI car though I just know the NTC3 is awesome. All I do is bash in parking lots but from what i can see it's probably race ready. There are also tons or upgrades available for it. I don't think you could go wrong either way both companies are on top of their game and make great cars.