RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   OFFICIAL HPI RS4 SUPER NITRO THREAD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/3234282-official-hpi-rs4-super-nitro-thread.html)

slipknot 08-05-2005 11:56 AM

OFFICIAL HPI RS4 SUPER NITRO THREAD

I didnt see a super nitro thread any wear so i made one, feel free to talk about the hpi RS4 super nitro, Anywho im getting one in a few days.

Lexsrv 08-11-2005 09:56 AM

RE: OFFICIAL HPI RS4 SUPER NITRO THREAD

Cool!,Ill contribute to that thread,just bought an rs4 18ss...lovin lt!...stupid fast!!!:D

RCDadChicago 08-31-2005 08:54 AM

Well the Super Nitro may not be as popular as other cars but I really like mine, I've got every aluminum upgrade available and a Picco engine with a CVEC pipe. Hope to see more Super Nitro racers post.

http://dadstoy.uwsag.com/photos/albu...-05a%20001.jpg

http://dadstoy.uwsag.com/photos/albu...-05a%20002.jpg

http://dadstoy.uwsag.com/photos/albu...-05a%20003.jpg

http://dadstoy.uwsag.com/photos/albu...-05a%20004.jpg

http://dadstoy.uwsag.com/photos/albu...-05a%20006.jpg

RCDadChicago 09-05-2005 06:06 AM

Got a new body, I'm a one color guy so far :)

http://dadstoy.uwsag.com/photos/albu...5a%20001~0.jpg

http://dadstoy.uwsag.com/photos/albu...-05a%20002.jpg

va_connoisseur 09-05-2005 02:36 PM

I'm looking at one of these cars on eBay now. Is it strickly a parking lot basher? that's fine, I have an R40 coming for ROAR racing. How difficult is it to find part/hop-ups?

RCDadChicago 09-05-2005 05:21 PM

Tower's has all the replacement parts you need, not sure on the hop-ups.

CliffR 09-05-2005 06:57 PM

where can we get hopups

RCDadChicago 09-06-2005 03:39 AM

I found a page with hop-ups, aluminum mostly. I think I have about everything; http://www.brooklynhobbies.com/index...TS&Category=22

RC-MAN-4EVA 09-06-2005 03:30 PM

Hey... i was just wondering if you ppl can tell me which i should I get... R40 or Rs4 18ss... i previously owned a Nitro RS4 rTR 3 evo.... what i basically want a realli strong car so i don't have to repair it after every single crash and a race worthy car... so yea... btw can u guys give out the downsides of these cars?

RCDadChicago 09-06-2005 03:40 PM

I know the R40 is very popular in on-road racing but I think the NTC3 is still more popular.

ORIGINAL: RC-MAN-4EVA

Hey... i was just wondering if you ppl can tell me which i should I get... R40 or Rs4 18ss... i previously owned a Nitro RS4 rTR 3 evo.... what i basically want a realli strong car so i don't have to repair it after every single crash and a race worthy car... so yea... btw can u guys give out the downsides of these cars?

Lexsrv 09-08-2005 08:08 AM

Hey!..I bought a new 18SS , and so far I love it,no real downsides that I can see yet(havent really "hit" anything yet,thank god!),but the car performs great,oh,I did flatten my 1st gear(must have picked up a pebble or somethin'),but thats it...you really need to replace the stock tires,I couldnt get em to hook up at all..the car overpowers them, and the thing just spins out instead of hooking up,even if you're easy on the power off the line,when it hits 2nd,it spins!..the foams I put on really made a difference!,I've just been running it in parking lots and stuff,and the thing rips..its cool!..the stock motor started everytime I wanted it to(after proper break-in)...basically I love hpi products..probably get a super nitro next,or that 1/5th they're about to come out with!!very cool!!;)

zimzalahbim 09-08-2005 08:23 AM

rc man, the r-40 is race car designed strictly for groomed surfaces. it is belt drive, uses foam tires. great car. r-40 production car probably doesn't have much in common with the one hara won a championshp with. it is heavy and not the same quality as the serpent and kyosho 1/10 onroad offerings. none the less, it is for serious racing on groomed surfaces. the ss18 is shaft drive, run it anywhere kind of car. great for parking lot racing.

Lexsrv 09-09-2005 11:05 AM

I agree, thats all I do w/it..no "tracks near me"[:o]

RCDadChicago 09-09-2005 01:37 PM

We have an organized race in a parking lot :D

Bluebrew 09-26-2005 11:14 AM

Hi all. I too have a Super RS4. Out of the box I could tell that this machine was made to be upgraded. My first clue was when I pulled the throttle trigger during set-up/check-over, the entire chassis flexed!!!Obviuosly a better upper deck and rear brace were first on the list. On the road the 15FE just wouldn't go "balls out", and the car seemed to say," I need a second gear!". I did however love the way it handled,the tires,shocks and springs seemed perfect, very to scale. So I got the 2spd., and an 18TZ( a bit too much "balls out" in hindsight) and all the chassis stiffening stuff and now it's one of my favorite cars! I am still looking for a better steering linkage set up. I don't like the piano wire with "Z" bends much. Anyone seen an updated steering kit for this rig? The upper deck is drilled for posts directly above the linkage which would help to stiffen it up even more. Lets hear some more tips and tricks to make this a really "Super" car!

More Juice 09-26-2005 03:08 PM

very nice pictures.

nitro veins 10-26-2005 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
WOLFPACKRADICALS.COM IS THE PLACE TO CONTACT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO UPGRADE YOUR SUPER NITRO. I HAD A SUPER RALLY WITH A HYPER 21 AND FOAM TIRES BUT I SOLD IT LIKE AN IDIOT. I HAD TO GEAR IT UP FOR TOP END BECAUSE IT WOULD SPIN OFF THE LINE WITH THE FOAMS. TRUST ME YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED WITH WHAT THIS SITE HAS TO OFFER. IT PRETTY MUCH MAKES THE SUPER NITRO EVERYTHING YOU WOULD WANT IT TO BE. IT IS A LITTLE PRICEY, ABOUT $300. NOT INCLUDING MOTOR OR TIRES, BUT WHEN YOUR DONE YOU'LL HAVE A STIFFER CHASSIS, BOTH UPPER AND LOWER, PIVOT BALLS, YESSSSS PIVOT BALLS, KEVLAR BELTS, BIG BLOCK MOTOR MOUNT CONVERSION, 1/8TH SCALE TIRE CONVERSION SO YOU CAN RUN MUGEN 950 TIRES ON IT. CHECK OUT THE SITE AND TELL EM LEIGHT SENT YA.

RCDadChicago 11-27-2005 08:24 AM

Anyone run their Super Nitro off-road? I'm just wondering what kind of setup your using.

rangerdanger 12-06-2005 12:06 AM

I have a Super with an Adam Drake .30......It is my drag car.... Lots of Amulinum!
I also have a TC3 with an OS .18 cvr ( for sale )
also a Rustler with a ported 2.5 r
A Revo with an .18 Tm
And an RS4 2 with a Picco .21 Lots of alum

Sharkonwheels 12-06-2005 11:00 PM

As Nitro Veins says, Wolfgang at WolfpackRadicals.com knows his HPI stuff. From converting to std SG shaft small-block, to
his all out $279 Super Super chassis (even the tank is more centered!), .21 big-block conversions, and Serpent/proceed/Mugen
wheel adapters, and on, and on, he's got tons of stuff. He knows his stuff, as well. Really nice guy, to boot!

For aluminims, I've been buying alot of stuff from this lady on eBay - MS_Snake . Has the nice GPM steel universal shafts,
alum lower/upper front/rear arms, c-hubs, F/R knuckles, F/R bulkheads, F/R gearboxes, bulkhead mounts, alum bellcrank
setup, pulleys...
She has EVERYTHING and pretty cheap.

Team Blue Star on eBay has really super cheap F/R alum shock towers, adn also have knuckles and F/R lower arms. Not
sure if they have upper arms, though.

Tornado_alley_ok also has Ntro RS4 alum stuff as well...

sweety03 on ebay has the nice GPM Super Nitro Chassis for about $35 if you don't want to go with the $279 Wolfpack conv chassis.
Bonus there, is if you want to use a std SG shaft small-block, the GPM chasis has one extra pair of mounting holes, which I believe
will line up with the mounts to mount it

For Carbon Graphite HPI stuff, RCboyz on eBay seems to have good pricing on the original HPI F/R bulkheads, Front knuckles+
C-Hubs, and the rear brace.

Tony
Miami, FL

xtribe00 12-14-2005 03:37 PM

The Super Nitro RS4 was my first Nitro car. It was lots of fun. Now it sits, mostly together, in a storage bin in the garage. I believe I even have parts that I never even used. However I retired mine once I got my Serpent Impulse.

Anyway it is nice to see that there are guys out there that are still carrying the torch.

Guess it will end up in the spring garage sale.

Good luck to you gents.

strong 01-29-2006 03:22 PM

I got a super nitro kit on a trade + a little cash a couple week ago.The guy told me the kit was discontinue but I could still get parts so I said what the heck.So far it's really a great little car.It was really fun to put together and the engine seems to be just fine.I really don't have a lot of car experience but I'm doing ok I guess.I don't really have a lot of room on my street so I don't need something super fast........for now the RS4 is just right........I like the bigger size to because I think it's to big to go into the street drains.

tigershark03 03-15-2006 08:58 AM

Question where can I find a 2 speed for a belt driven Super Nitro rs4?? thanks
John

*edit*
Found it on the tower site... thanks

SuperchargTmaxx 03-15-2006 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is my hpi i dont know what one it is, i just got it, its older. hopefuly i get to run it soon.

tigershark03 03-17-2006 10:16 AM

Hey guys just got a super nitro and Got a few questions, whats a good motor to out into it? I was thinking 18ss or t-15. also what can you do with the steering, Kinda not the greatest setup up, but I must say car handles pretty good... If you guys have any ideas... or maybe a pipe to put on it, let me know thanks

tigershark03 03-17-2006 03:28 PM

Sorry to double post but is there a way to make a belt driven super nitro to a shaft driven Super Nitro... It seems it would be a good rally car... I know they make one, but I dont see anything on a conversion.

VDub99AML 04-01-2006 01:01 AM

Hey guys, I need a little help. I bought a Super Nitro this winter, and it came all in pieces. I have bought all the missing parts and reassembled it within the last couple months, and took it out for a run for the second time yesterday. I can't seem to get it to shift into second gear about 99% of the time. The engine is topping out at max. RPM's, but it won't shift. I was just wondering how to adjust the shift point on this car. Is it a little screw like i've seen on different cars? and if it is, where is it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
--Aaron

ryuhito 04-02-2006 11:31 AM

Hey TigerShark: I've been trying to keep a lid on this until my conversion is 100% finished but yeah you can convert Super Nitro to shaft drive, it's a piece of cake. I'll give you a hint: the Super Nitro RS4 and the MT2 share a lot of the same parts. :)

mynesmotorsports 04-19-2006 08:47 AM

I have a Super Nitro RS4 kit car (which is pretty cool I might had). Ironically though, I am having trouble figuring out which kind of HPI engine it has. I know it is a .12 size engine, but not sure what the actual model is. The only insignia on the engine is on the lower part of the engine casing...it says "K 12". Please inform me if anyone know what model this is...

rc51fan 07-23-2006 01:44 PM

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if you can convert the Nitro RS4 to the super RS4? Thanks for any help you can offer.

otoniel 10-08-2006 10:19 PM

where can i get the 2nd speed kit for this car?

otoniel 10-08-2006 10:26 PM

help, where can i get the super rs4 2nd speed kit new or used just let me know? [email protected]

VDub99AML 10-08-2006 10:42 PM

Hi, I bought the 2-speed kit for my friend back in june from ebay. The seller was dmhobbies- [email protected]. I checked and didn't see any 2-speeds on ebay now, but perhaps if you email them, maybe they can order one for you. I paid $55 for the trans, and $4.50 shipping. You can also do a part number search on the web. The p/n is: 72516. Hope this helps. Good luck with your search!

--Aaron

alssjs 10-27-2020 03:04 PM

Super Nitro Chassis differences

can't seem to get to the bottom of this... super nitro RS4 question. Which kit and what is the part code for the purple chassis ?
Attached photos include a silver / purple version which both match. Are both factory chassis ?

Anybody have any info ?
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...9f7e008f24.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...7118a36970.jpg