RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   RC NITRO vs. FUEL INJECTION (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/3545184-rc-nitro-vs-fuel-injection.html)

jnatale3 11-12-2005 10:11 AM

RC NITRO vs. FUEL INJECTION

Well, all these nitro on road cars have blistering top speed and some with even more precise handling and traction. What rc nitro on road car would you put against an actual vehicle in a road course that would be judged by speed, cornering, slolom, and increasingly better lap times?

SS Nitro 11-12-2005 12:42 PM

RE: RC NITRO vs. FUEL INJECTION

That would be kind of hard to comparebecause of the size of the rc and the size of a real car. In a turn, an rc would have tuns of room while the 1:1 wont have as much as the rc and show signs of body roll and all of that stuff. I would put a top of the line 1/8th scale(not mugen, not hpi,maybe serpent, etc) I forgot what it was called though.

I remember it's called an smp slide

jnatale3 11-12-2005 12:52 PM

That's true. I think maybe one of the formula cars maybe. they are great at handling and also speed right out of the curves. Yeah, a Serpent would put up a good race.

SqueedilySpooch 11-12-2005 04:18 PM

what not mugen???? Or kyosho's???? i mean they have had their hands on championships too and beaten serpents all the time..Vice versa with the serpents.

I think the rc will make the road course seem very easy...The thing is comparing the two. One has a person in it with a steering wheel and gas pedals. Another has a 3rd person view with a light weight controller. I mean the engines run differently. The cars have different handling characteristics as well. Most likely the full scale car can win especially if it is a F-1 with a top of the line driver. Sure a nitro will keep up but only for so long and certain areas...Just think of the straight. Or the fullscale racer "accidentatly" running over your car:). Your right though it would be interesting for any rc nitro to go against another type of car.

fastest_ntc3 11-12-2005 07:20 PM

I have seen a video of a rc nitro vs. a rally 1:1 Subaru. The cars had to race in a straight line, turn around a cone, then head back to the finish line. The rc car won. Nitro rc cars win when it comes to acceleration.

Saboteur10573 11-14-2005 06:13 PM

Yeah that was the R40 vs the rally car on HPI europes site. For the more expensive 1:1 cars definately look at any 8th onroad, a nice $350-$400 mill, nice pipe and you'd be pushing 60mph in under 3 seconds easy. Just remember they can be geared up for more top speed as most 8th onroads max at 60-65mph on some tracks. They don't go 70-85 unless you changed the gear ratio.