RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   what car is this?? hpi proceed?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/7258518-what-car-hpi-proceed.html)

tmaxx_man87 03-21-2008 01:08 AM

what car is this?? hpi proceed??

1 Attachment(s)
i just baught this and i dont know what it is, i thaught it was a hpi proceed but the bottom chassis looks like a super rs4 chassis... ?? can someone tell me what i just baught?? thanks guys

MiamizFinest 03-21-2008 01:11 AM

RE: what car is this?? hpi proceed??

thats noting HPI has every made, but i have no clue what it is..........

the upper deck and placement of the servos and pillow ball suspention it looks like thats CEN 1/10 car, the one with the big block 15 motor i for got the name of the car but at the same time it cant be is becuase of those long arms

tmaxx_man87 03-21-2008 02:17 AM

i looked up a proceed and it all looks the same except for the bottom chassis looks like either a rs4 racer2 or a super rs4, but then again on the proceed the side belt runs all the way up the chassis... and the proceed is 1/8 scale and im not sure bout this i havnt recieved it yet, but doesnt a proceed come with quick change wheel hubs? im lost the guy said he thaught it was a rs4 of some kind but ???

oneofakindtrini 03-21-2008 08:09 AM

it looks like a procced but that chassis is not a proceed chassis it look like more a super nitro chassis and the proceed has difffernt features like the wheel release hubs . maybe it is a super nitro with different parts or like proceed parts .

oneofakindtrini 03-21-2008 08:13 AM

i did some reasearch on the hpi site and this car reseambles that a bit but the carbon fiber looking parts could just be hop ups

oneofakindtrini 03-21-2008 08:17 AM

that car it missing alot of parts that would make it easier to identify . do you have the rear body post

Itsme7 03-21-2008 10:06 AM

Thats not a proceed, the proceed has quick change hubs, a longer center belt. Not sure exactly what it is. Maybe its a hybrid of some sort.

MiamizFinest 03-21-2008 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Itsme7

Thats not a proceed, the proceed has quick change hubs, a longer center belt. Not sure exactly what it is. Maybe its a hybrid of some sort.

Yups ur right NOT HPI HAS MADE look anything like that car, look into other copanies

tmaxx_man87 03-22-2008 07:36 AM

well, its not 1:8 scale, the wb is 10' ......im still lost... i need to order arms for it but dont know what to order...

oneofakindtrini 03-23-2008 09:42 AM

i was on the hpi racing site today looking at the older hpi cars and i saw this

http://archive.hpiracing.com/?page=k...cer2/nr2-m.htm

ferrarimk13 03-23-2008 09:52 AM

why is his chassis gray, not purple, if it was a racer 2, which i doubt it is, because miamiz knows just about everything about the Racer.

MiamizFinest 03-23-2008 02:32 PM

I repeat once again its nott a hpi car the car has pillow ball suspention the rs4 was all c-hub that car looks nohing like anything hpi has made can u guys stop saying it looks like one

the only car I see It looking like is the cen ct4 but even with that there is still a lot of diffrences I think u got some hybrid car

tmaxx_man87 03-23-2008 08:11 PM

well, if it is a hybrid id like to know what its made of, cuz it needs a couple parts to make it whole again, i have motor servos electronics but as for the broken front a arm im lost...i looked at the cen cars and the arms are similer but not the same

MiamizFinest 03-23-2008 10:18 PM

if its a hybrid sell it and jsut get something else, that thing is gonig to be nothing but problems for you

MiamizFinest 03-23-2008 10:39 PM

Ok ok............i think i got it this time even tho ur car LOOKS like cen its not 100% look alike becuase of the longer arms and a few other things........i took a really good look at the car and i serously thing this is the car u have

http://www.colt.com.tw/images/p04-1.jpg

the hubs on ur car where prolly modded to mount regular 1/10 wheels but ur car looks like a 235MM class car, it looks nothing like the serpent impact OR the mugen avatnce (spelling) so i think the only other thing left is could be is this COLT racing car , ive only seen one of these cars ONCE in person in my life and there built extremely crappy and looking all all the things u need for the car i think its pretty much worthless to fix it up i got that pick from this website

http://www.colt.com.tw/

the car is the last link called (COLT 10 RACING CAR) there is barely any info but there car does look 99% like the car u have

GT100 03-23-2008 10:51 PM

Not sure what it is but its definetly not anything made by HPI. I know all of HPIs belt driven cars which werent many and thats not any of them. The proceed has a long belt on the left side and that car has a short one and the HPI belt driven cars had the short belt on the right. From a brief look at it, it has to be some kind of track car, not a basher because of the pivot balls and the fact the the belt is on the left side, right behind where the engine backplate would be, it doesnt allow much room for a pullstart.

tmaxx_man87 03-24-2008 12:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
it does look very similar but the carbon fiber,gas tank,side belt,front bumper,and it looks like the arms are even angled a little diffrent, i really appreciate your guys help on this, heres both pics to compair them

ferrarimk13 03-24-2008 10:16 AM

how about the gas tanks, they look different, and theres no slit next to his.

MiamizFinest 03-24-2008 11:48 AM

its the closest looking car ive seen so far, maybe there was a prevouse version of that colt car and thats what u have??? the looka alot alike give them a call u got all the info