Notices
RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots Discuss autonomous and radio control robots and anything related to robotics in here

Looking for a fast chassis?

Old 07-01-2013, 11:29 PM
zypher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a fast chassis?

Hi guys!

I'm new to the robot/RC scene, but I've been a geek most of my life. I'm pretty well acquinted with arduinos/electronics and am looking to use that knowledge to build a robot. To get it out of the way, my budget is in the low hundreds for this.

Now, here's the hold up. My ideal setup would be a four wheeled fast "car type" chassis, think RC car (10-15mph?). I don't mind the look of rovers or tracked vehicles at all, but I haven't seen any that meet my desire for speed. I would like it to have quality motors, servos, electrical system, etc. But I just don't know anything about hobby RC and am afraid I will get taken for a ride. Since I want to use an arduino for it's brain, and most likely an xbee pro for the RC aspect, I really just want a preconfigured kit with decent motors/chassis/power supply so I don't make any n00b mistakes trying to piece one togeather. I am fine with learning from losing, but I don't like wasting time/money when I couldv'e just asked from the get go... So that's what I'm doing.

Does anyone know of a kit that fits my description? From some extensive googling I'm fairly certain they don't exist or there is an internet wide conspiracy to hide them from me :P . Also let me know if this question would be better asked on the RC car side of the forums.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!