Notices
RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots Discuss autonomous and radio control robots and anything related to robotics in here

esc / amp / motor?

Old 04-19-2009, 04:50 PM
benny2.0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esc / amp / motor?

So I have a robot with two drive motors. Under a good load the motors pull about 50 amps. My question is if I add two more drive motors what will my amps do? I know they will go up but with the added motors wont the load on the others go down. Dose anyone get what I mean.
Thanks
Old 04-19-2009, 05:36 PM
lejongleur
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: esc / amp / motor?

Yes, if the load on each motor is reduced, they will draw less current to move the same distance/rotation. However, I doubt that doubling the number of motors will necessarily halve the current to each of them, as you are increasing weight, and there is always the factor of efficiency and entropy. Just my simplistic thoughts.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:20 AM
cowana

Default RE: esc / amp / motor?

Load decreases, so the current decreases

Number of motors increases, so the current increases.

I would guess it would increase slightly, and also have much less wear on the motors.

A