Notices
RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots Discuss autonomous and radio control robots and anything related to robotics in here

AMAZING TRACKED R/C

Old 05-27-2009, 03:11 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMAZING TRACKED R/C

HI GUYS well i have known of this r/c for some time , any how i found a r/c very simmilar on ebay not as sophisticated as the one in the video , but iam hoping to purchase it why not sure it just looks like fun check it out ... [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT92NGKw-V4[/youtube]
Old 05-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Access

Default RE: AMAZING TRACKED R/C

If you have the money FIRST has a whole bunch of parts where you can make your own robots.
www.vexrobotics.com

Here's an example of the robots you can make:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...essAccess&aq=f

It's an old idea, something like that would be pretty trivial to make with the vex parts.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:11 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

WOW access those look great , iam not realy a robot fan although i did have the robosapian v2 . what dumb robot that was .lol... i was thinking now bear with me of turning this thing into something like a kyosho blizzard , may be not as fast .. not sure how i would go about it .. here is a pic its just atoy realy made buy mega zap ..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32717.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1207228  
Old 05-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Access

Turning the tread from one end like that, you are basically in the worst-case from a mechanical advantage point of view. 

So you will need a great deal of torque to move the treads effectively like that, and to keep them in place when you don't want to move them.  A worm gear assembly is probably your best bet.  If you need to gear down farther, do it before the worm gear.  If the last gear in your setup is a worm gear, any slop is very minimal. 
Old 05-27-2009, 05:00 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

access thanks for this info when it arrives i will stripp it down and take a look you may get some p.ms over this .lol. thanks bro ..
Old 05-27-2009, 05:36 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

ohh acess this is the movement described buy owner , ..........This is a boxed Extreme Stunt Radio Control Vehicle functions include verticle walks,transfiguration,free track arm spins, reversal & flippin on the tracks. 27/40/49 frequency MHZ included charger 9v battery and power pack controller minus ariel & instruction leaflet. Measuring 9.5" in length 8" wide. Brought about a year ago could not get it to work & the shop has now closed where purchased from not mechanically minded but if you know what you are doing can,t need that much to get going or for spares any questions please feel free to email.[X(]
Old 05-27-2009, 05:47 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

well for good or bad it mine just won the bidd will post the results .
Old 05-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Frankfka

Id be cool if you can waterproof it and run it on snow
Old 05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

yeah good idea my plans are to stripp out the rubbish and install hobby grade . may be a mtronicks unit there waterproof . and not to expensive .. not sure what motors are in the thing , but would like to upgrade them ... time will tell . thanks