Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Indoor course

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:50 PM
bigloudvtwin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indoor course

Well my Wife is worried. It's been raining here for what seems like months ( I live in rainy Washington State) I'm tired of climbing pillows and furniture etc. I told her we were going to get a truckload of big black landscaping rocks, pressure wash them and build a crawler course in the house's spare room! LOL Actually I would do it if it was'nt so much work.
Anyways I just got a Night Crawler changed to a 14T pinion, trimmed the foams and got a couple new 3600 battery packs. I'm ready for better weather NOW! Ok done whining take it easy.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Capn kanuckles

Default RE: Indoor course

Ya know that not a bad idea.I was thinking about getting some prop rocks,like the kind the use in movies.Just build a rectangle like 3 feet wide buy 10feet long made of 2x6 pine boards and fill it with prop rocks.It would be great,light,clean,easy and will have a fresh pine sent.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:09 PM
bigloudvtwin

Ya know that not a bad idea.I was thinking about getting some prop rocks,like the kind the use in movies.Just build a rectangle like 3 feet wide buy 10feet long made of 2x6 pine boards and fill it with prop rocks.It would be great,light,clean,easy and will have a fresh pine sent.
Now that is a realistic GOOD idea!
Old 02-18-2011, 11:28 PM
calvino

I don't know what your budget is and so on but thought of doing stuff with chicken wire? It can be a pain to sculpt but can work pretty good. The prop rocks idea is a good one. I saw one crawling course that Losi used at an RC show that was made from some high density expanded foam and it was painted and sand was sprinkled on for extra grip. Not the cheapest but very cool though
Old 02-19-2011, 12:40 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

buy a traxxas waterproof ESC and servo. the xl-5 isnt great for crawling(reverse delay, and no drag brake) but it lets you get crawling whether its rain/mud/snow outside. then just slap the Rx in a ballon and you wont have any problems.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:47 PM
mudbucket72

yea im thinking about making one in my attic .. i was thinking about using the 2 old coffee tables 2 dressers and 3 end stands and few other things to kinda make a shell then gluing rocks on it   ...maybe even using foam here and there just to cuz down on weight
Old 02-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Capn kanuckles

Hey bigloudvtwin,you have to check out this site.www.fakerock.com on this site they sell 2x2 or 4x4 sheets of rc rock crawling course.They did not have a price.When you go to the site,look on the right of the screen,theres a menu option thats says rc crawler course,click that there is some pics and videos.Its awesome,i will call them this week and find out how much.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:52 AM
bigloudvtwin

I checked out the fake rock site. The panels (2x2 4x4) are mega expensive ( starting at $300) So I will just wait for the weather to break or someone else to build a course. Cheers