Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

yay

Old 07-09-2011, 01:20 PM
jermpool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yay

After many hours of research and debate I bought a used scorpion for 150 bucks without radio. Dude at store said it had a lot of upgrades but I don't know what they are. I came home and resoldered the connectors cause they was very bad. Now I own a rock crawler.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: yay

Grats! I failed to take ownership of another one tonight, after watching an ebay auction for days, I thought I would surely take it. It was a fairly well used second hand losi comp. A $190 truck brand new, and this guy had about $250 of electronics on it and about $100 of upgrades. I was prepared to swoop at the last minute with a bid of 375, and was absolutely stunned to see before I even made a bid, it shot up to 475. Guy must be very happy, he got like $50 less than the brand new value for a well used truck. People are insane.

I'm now gonna buy a brand new one, waited 3 days for nothing, not doing that again. lol. [&:]
Old 07-09-2011, 08:28 PM
jermpool

Why would the rear shocks be upside down?
Old 07-10-2011, 04:21 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Grats! I failed to take ownership of another one tonight, after watching an ebay auction for days, I thought I would surely take it. It was a fairly well used second hand losi comp. A $190 truck brand new, and this guy had about $250 of electronics on it and about $100 of upgrades. I was prepared to swoop at the last minute with a bid of 375, and was absolutely stunned to see before I even made a bid, it shot up to 475. Guy must be very happy, he got like $50 less than the brand new value for a well used truck. People are insane.

I'm now gonna buy a brand new one, waited 3 days for nothing, not doing that again. lol. [&:]
Ebay is like that. Some good stuff nobody bids on; some not so great stuff everybody bids on. Probably the best deal I've ever gotten on there was for a lightly used Chicago Pneumatic 1/2" impact gun(for 1:1 cars). New, the it goes for about $130; I got it for $12 shipped. But yeah, sometimes you get weird people on there that enjoy the "thrill" of bidding on an item.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:02 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: jermpool

Why would the rear shocks be upside down?
To lower the center of gravity.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:26 AM
jermpool

K so it has same effect but it takes the heaviest part of the shock and lowers it on the chassis. Thank you.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:51 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well,
more importantly it takes the sprung weight of the "heavy" shock body and oil from the chassis and now moves it to unsprung weight on the axles were you want more unsprung weight to keep your center of gravity lower but also adding the benefit of the losing the extra sprung weight, now your chassis(sprung weight) is not as heavy and so you wont need such a "heavy" Spring on the shock and can reduce weight there too. This will allow more overall wieght reduction for those who like to run a lighter rig. BONUS!!

This is also why alot of us have gone to a smaller battery pack on our comp rigs and mounted them on the front axle!! Moving more of the sprung weight of the battery to the unsprung weight of the front axle, now you wont need to run as much wieght in the front tires to relieve the drive train of more power robbing weight. AND allows for even lighter springs and more overall wieght loss with the lighter battery and softer springs. Now, the hidden advantange is with all this weight loss you have made your rig easier for the same motors to haul it around, seemingly MUCH more power and a quicker rig. BONUS AGAIN!!

I wont even get into how to lose wieght with the wire you chose and the advantages of losing this weight will help you go with smaller gauge wire because now you dont draw as many amps. Its all about wieght, balance and placement.

Does this makes sense to you?
Old 07-10-2011, 05:12 PM
jermpool

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for explaining it to me.