Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Axial XR10

Old 07-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Mysterious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axial XR10

Anyone own one of these? What electronics/tires did you put on/in it? A friend & i are considering buying one each... looking for suggestions on tires/electronicsto get a grasp on the $ investment needed
Old 07-26-2011, 06:35 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Axial XR10

Just curious as to wny you want to buy one? There are several used ones for sale on another site.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:42 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some people, like myself would rather buy new just because.. its gives me a sense of true ownership and I know there should be no suprises like someone put the tranny gears in wrong or did not put all the screws back in. If I buy it new then I KNOW whats up with it and I have all of the original paperwork and stuff. I'm just a freak like that.

Buying used is just not as much fun!!

@Mysterious- it all depends on what you plan to do with it. If you want full on competition rig then you have lots of options starting at just buying the axles cases and shafts then go after full aftermarket internals, chassis, tires, wheels ect and spend a tidy fortune($1200usd) or just get the kit and throw approxx another $300-$400 in tires, elects and radio gear. But typically you could get the kit ans spend $300 and have decent crawler for messing around at that poitn you could easily sell it for what you have into it if you dont like it, as long as you dont beat the snot out of it. But be prepared, if you DO like it, then well, you are in for a fun ride!! My competition XR10 only has the stock axles cases and shafts that are OEM. litterally everything else is aftermarket including gears, upper axle case halves ect.. I have approx $1500 into my comp crawler and have almost enough OEM spares to build another completely stock rig.

yeah,, its a sickness!!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Mysterious

@T9 - I'm debating buying one cause I think I might enjoy it for a summer/winter hobby to monkey with on non-race days at my local track.... a guy I know from the airplane club is debating too, if he gets then I'd have a friend to buddy w/ aside from a couple in the car club who have but rarely crawl.. I've not found used for sale, where did you see them?

@Dogman... I debated on the Losi nightcrawler but me and the aforementioned guy are similar in thought... if you're gonna dump $300+taxes to get a decent RTR why not spend a couple more hundred (if you can) to get a much more capable crawler even at a budget setup.... I know myself, if I got something like the nightcrawler and found there was stuff I could be tackling with the XR10 because its a bit more agile I'd be irritated. I bought a Savage Flux and have not regretted it... I just bought a Ten-T I'm converting to electric (which doubled the cost) but screw it, I'd rather spend more to get exactly what I want.

So as far as this crawler budget, here's my thought.... never crawled, know zero about what electronics are needed nor what parts are considered budget, intermediate and high end... I have no idea what usually "breaks" through general usage... the crawler crowd locally is minimal as far as I can tell thusfar so I'll just be crawling for fun/pleasure, at best against some buddies.... and I general buy quality with the thought I'll be owning it for 5-10 years (spreading out the investment cost)...

Given the above, if I decide to take the leap, I'd like at worst to know a decent budget setup cost with a comparitive option and hope of getting a "good quality" intermediate setup built to last... I don't think the high-end competition setup is in my range price wise presently nor need wise......

Anyone get some parts lists suggestions so price out a budget vs intermediate setup on a XR10?
Old 07-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Mysterious

So no one has suggested setups?
Old 07-28-2011, 10:10 AM
gonggongboy

I dont know if this link will work for you, but everything you need to know about the XR10 is on this page...

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293775
Old 07-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Mysterious

thank you