Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

best motor esc combo

Old 09-25-2011, 06:09 AM
blademan6
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best motor esc combo

Im looking into getting the axial wraith kit and im stuck on what motor esc combo to get, i was really wanting the tekin fxr 35t combo but i want to get at least the stock speed out of it, and i dont think this will work will it. Are there any other combos for about 150$ that will accomplish this?
Old 09-26-2011, 12:42 PM
K_B

Default RE: best motor esc combo

What kind of battery to plan on running? Voltage makes a significant difference in the top speed. If you can run a 3S lipo, that 35T motor is quite speedy. I would definitely stick with the FXR ESC regardless of what motor you choose. It's small so it's easier to cram into tight spots. I use a 27T stock motor in SCX10 on a 2S lipo and it goes about as fast as the Wraith RTR, but a 3S lipo with a 35T motor is faster.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:24 AM
KID_EVIL!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My brother has a novak 35t in his ax10. It is pretty quick.... I think he had a 18 or 20 tooth to start. he ended up with a 13 tooth i think. that is on 6 cell nimh.

KID EVIL!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:39 PM
zman5000

if you have a tekin fxr then you can run anywhere from a 19t and up. and if you want to go fast just get a 1350 mah 3 cell lipo and you'll have runtime also.