Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

yes will buy one, but what do I need to upgrade, axial wraith

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

yes will buy one, but what do I need to upgrade, axial wraith

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 08:08 PM
sonat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yes will buy one, but what do I need to upgrade, axial wraith

ok was looking around many forum many website going to buy one for sure
what do you suggest first to do
what I want to do is crawling low speed
I been looking at a website with many videos on it
http://www.axial-wraith-fans-club.com

I stay for about 3h on that website
now I want a axial wraith NOW
Old 12-01-2011, 08:18 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: yes will buy one, but what do I need to upgrade, axial wraith

my buddy had one. pretty impressive rig. it can crawler better than i had expected.

the stock steering servo aint that great, not for hard rock crawling anyway. upgrade to a metal gear, higher torque one.

the stock electronics are not waterproof. you can make them waterproof, or change them out with traxxas waterproof gear.

the stock setup mounts the battery in the back. it is possible to mount it in the front...but its a tight fit. my buddy dedicated a lipo battery to his wraith, in other words he never pulled it out of the truck. just charged it right where it was mounted in the front. it was a 2s 5000mah lipo, so he got an hours worth of runtime per charge.

other than that, the truck is amazing. the stock links are plastic, but are thick so they hold up really well. the stock tires work well over many different types of surfaces. for pure rock crawling, you would want to change them for a softer tire tho. they are stiffer than crawler tires since the truck can go a bit faster.

also, for rock crawling involving alot of steep sections, or holding on an incline you will want to run a smaller pinion gear. if you dont, the motor can overheat.

this chassis could do everything my ax10 and scx10 were able to do. amazing since it has such a scale look to it.