Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Finally I got Toyota Tundra High-Lift

Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Finally I got Toyota Tundra High-Lift

Old 12-30-2011, 06:04 PM
TundraRC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally I got Toyota Tundra High-Lift

Hey everyone,

A brief info about me, I started off with SCX-10, had that bad boy for quite some time until I sold it amd now I got Toyoa Tundra High-Lift with all the parts and accessories. Throughout the building time...I'll be updating the process, I'll start with pictures of what parts, accessories, paint and tools I got. Ill Update the specs and info of all parts as i go along.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:07 AM
ReaperGN

Default RE: Finally I got Toyota Tundra High-Lift

Welcome to a rather lonely club.

And as long as you keep the leafs and 3 speed it should be a sweet rig.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:10 AM
The Mad Modder

Bookmarked. I'll be watching this build.

While I don't deny that the ax10/scx10 is a good truck, I'm kind of put off by its popularity. There are trucks out there that are as good or better, but they get little recognition because axial's hogging the spotlight in both the scale and crawler scenes.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:56 PM
lazris

my buddy has one after six months of play the leaf springs busted , hung up once and shelled the rear end do not leave it at factory specs sits to low , i am gettin one but think i will have better luck with the komodo axles, junfac 4 link kit , and the g-air tires
Old 01-13-2012, 09:52 PM
ReaperGN

ORIGINAL: lazris

my buddy has one after six months of play the leaf springs busted , hung up once and shelled the rear end do not leave it at factory specs sits to low , i am gettin one but think i will have better luck with the komodo axles, junfac 4 link kit , and the g-air tires

I have had mine for 3 years and have yet to break a leaf spring so that must be your freinds fault. And considering how much a High Lift costs it would be compeletly pointless to buy all that on top of a High Lift. If you want a 4 link truck buy a Axial. If you want Komodo axles then buy a Komodo. A stock High Lift with electronics is worth about 400 used. Add all that junk to one and you will be lucky to sell it at all. Let alone make a profit. As for the axles they are more than strong enough. Mine has pulled 200+ pounds on the stock pinions. The only thing that kills them is people who cant drive. If you want to make them stronger RC4WD has it covered.

Chances are the High Lift is not for you at all.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:30 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: ReaperGN

I have had mine for 3 years and have yet to break a leaf spring so that must be your freinds fault. And considering how much a High Lift costs it would be compeletly pointless to buy all that on top of a High Lift. If you want a 4 link truck buy a Axial. If you want Komodo axles then buy a Komodo. A stock High Lift with electronics is worth about 400 used. Add all that junk to one and you will be lucky to sell it at all. Let alone make a profit. As for the axles they are more than strong enough. Mine has pulled 200+ pounds on the stock pinions. The only thing that kills them is people who cant drive. If you want to make them stronger RC4WD has it covered.

Chances are the High Lift is not for you at all.
+1 Makes me wonder if he was running just the main springs(no helper springs) without the plastic parts that support the spring at the mount holes.
I use the same springs on my Juggernaut 2 with no problems. I think a Jugg 2 puts more stress on them than a high lift.

On a side note, it appears that the op decided no to do a build after all. []
Old 01-14-2012, 09:04 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

Bookmarked. I'll be watching this build.

While I don't deny that the ax10/scx10 is a good truck, I'm kind of put off by its popularity. There are trucks out there that are as good or better, but they get little recognition because axial's hogging the spotlight in both the scale and crawler scenes.

I love Tamiyas, and actually wanted the High lift but the almost $200 price difference between the Tamiya High Lift, and SCX10 kinda threw me to axials side for a scaler which I'm sure its done for others.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:01 PM
ReaperGN

Definitely looks like there wont be a build. Such a shame to. The only club more exclusive than the High Lift one is for the Rock Force. Sadly I have both and its very lonely.

And I have have no doubt that the price scares people away from the High Lift series. Figure about 450 for the kit, 100 for the radio, 60+ for the servo's, and 30+ for the esc. But considering what comes in the kit the price is not to bad. To get a SCX10 to the same level would cost much more than just buying a High Lift.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:50 PM
The Collector1

Dont feel lonely Reaper, I have a Tundra and an F350, the Tundra has the MFU and alot of mods but not to the point that its not a Highlift, my F350 I bought off of ebay as a roller for $150, its still stock
Old 01-14-2012, 06:48 PM
ReaperGN

This thread probably has more High Lift owners watching it than any other on the net. It would be nice if more people would buy the High Lift. Then there would be more aftermarket parts and possibly bodies. It would be cool if Tamiya would release a Raptor body and front IFS conversion.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:49 PM
lazris

think he was just running leafs some salt water in Hawaii prob. didnt help other than that potato pa'tato  it comes out of box nice for a street truck. but not a crawler the upgrades i got serve there purpose...I just really dont like to sit in the house to play

other notes: this dog don't know what a porch looks like
Old 01-15-2012, 05:02 PM
The Collector1

Personally, I would not consider the Highlift a crawler because of its low transmission but as a scale rig its fine, and its pulling power is awesome, if you were looking for a Tamiya crawler, there is the CR01
Old 01-15-2012, 07:03 PM
ReaperGN

ORIGINAL: The Collector1

Personally, I would not consider the Highlift a crawler because of its low transmission but as a scale rig its fine, and its pulling power is awesome, if you were looking for a Tamiya crawler, there is the CR01
This is very true.

So many people want the High Lift to crawl. It can do very well with a bit of work and patience but it was never designed to crawl or marketed to do so. In the Scale class its a top contender.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:31 PM
TundraRC

so i been working on my truck and i figured why not a create a website....since i didnt see any...my whole site is divided into from basic info to all the specs.

Website is:
http://tundrahighlift.weebly.com/

More pics coming soon
Old 01-16-2012, 05:22 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: TundraRC

so i been working on my truck and i figured why not a create a website....since i didnt see any...my whole site is divided into from basic info to all the specs.

Website is:

More pics coming soon
You must really like that truck to make a web page about it.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:37 AM
TundraRC

yes i do...i notice this truck has a lot of unfinished parts that after you install hgh lift kit you got issues with battery supply....electronic box attachment...front axle is not lined up with the body...clearnances between wheels and fenders.....and other problems that i accounted for...but so far they all look solvable...
Old 01-16-2012, 05:53 PM
The Collector1

What box attachment are you referring to? I really had no issues with any part of the truck when it was built with the stock parts, its when I started to add and modify the truck I had to massage some parts but they work
Old 01-18-2012, 02:54 PM
ReaperGN

Its because he has the link kit. With stock parts he couldn't really mess it up. Except if he put front springs on the rear, which I believe only effects the Tundra. I could be wrong though.

The strange thing is all the parts he did swap out instead of parts he should have. For example why get hot racing shock mounts? If I was going to change that part I would have gotten the 4 link and chassis kit from Junfac. And with all the unnecessary parts he could have easily bought the lockers and pinions from RC4WD and bearings. I also don't understand why everyone wants the junk traxxas servo's. Even at 6v with 1.9's they are weak. But at least the hole he dug has some nice furnishings.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:25 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: TundraRC

Website is:

More pics coming soon
You must really like that truck to make a web page about it.
and name himself after it
Old 01-18-2012, 10:49 PM
lazris

lol reeper hes got his puzzle backwards that might be why its not lineing up the four link dosnt put anything outta wack it all lines up
Old 01-18-2012, 10:54 PM
lazris

look down on me if you want but i have never had a problem with my SAVOX high torque digi servos they move rocks the size of a 2 liter bottle no bs now on hobby king they have a nice one i will have to look it up but its all metal steel gears alum. caseing and for $22.00 it will keep up very nice!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 PM
lazris

howd you like putting those anoyong springs in the trans.? lol didnt like stock running tekin 13.5t in mine
Old 01-19-2012, 01:22 PM
The Collector1

I do notice that the link kit makes the front wheels look like they are sitting too far back, maybe change the front links to something a little longer but then they might be too long.

It looks like if the suspension is compressed the axle would shift forward
Old 01-20-2012, 10:40 PM
ReaperGN

lol reeper hes got his puzzle backwards that might be why its not lineing up the four link dosnt put anything outta wack it all lines up

You really should learn how to use the quote feature. Also it makes things much easier when you specify what your talking about. Your last 3 posts seem very off topic.

As for the suspension. The front can not line up and the rear not, if the links were backwards. Either something is not in its proper place or its the wrong kit.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:57 AM
The Collector1

Does anyone have a pic of their highlift that they can post? Heres mine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96154.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1718222  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.