Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Fast offroad rc car or truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 08:33 PM
cokez11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fast offroad rc car or truck

So i am very new to rc cars and trucks and i want to get into it. I am also very new to this forum so if i did something wrong im sorry. I have a relatively large area of woods to use an rc car in and want to make a trail for it. I also have a large area of non off roading land and would want to drive it on there too. I have been looking at two models of cars. the first is the Twin hammers. I like the crawlability of it. I do like the speed of it given the category of rc car it is. I have also been looking at the Axial exo terra buggy. I really like the speed of it and i like the fact that it is pretty good at off roading. The reason im not just going with the exo terra buggy is because i think i might regret not getting something that can handle bigger terrain. I really do like speed and i know i will not settle for something that is not fast. I was wondering what you guys think i should go with?
Old 12-26-2013, 06:41 PM
Alpha Male
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy has a Twin Hammers and loves it. It has independent front suspension and an open front differential rather than a solid axle with locked diffs, like most crawlers, so it will handle pretty well offroad at speed. It isn't the greatest crawler, but it sounds like you want something like a 4wd dune buggy, so it should fit the bill nicely. Go for it!
Old 12-27-2013, 09:41 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

twin hammers is cool, but Id go with the axial wraith. It can crawl better than the twin hammers, and you can gear it up to about the same speed as the twin. even out of the box it is fast enough to jump some ramps and such. I think it is a bit tougher as well.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Sunfirefoot
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haven't owned the Vaterra but I have owned a few Wraiths and one Exo, I'd say (just like nitrosportsandrunner) go with a Wraith, it has more ground clearance and if you set it up with a decent brushless system, it will be stupid fast. I had one set up with a DTX element brushless and it was quite amazing.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:22 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree I want a wraith. My exo terra is sick but for crawling its too low and bottoms out alot.

Id say look at some videos of all three and go from there. Thats what I did when I was trying to find out if I wanted a sct truck or the axial exo. My exo can do wheelies on the punch but ive got a 3s SHOVED in there, with 1/8 elcts.

I want to get a vid of my exo running, I might do that friday. its pretty sick. Its handled what ive thrown at it(except for a curb lol) the land I have to work with is pretty awesome. Its a bashers/crawlers paradise all within half a mile from my door!

research is key!