Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Hard decisions! Need your help

Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Hard decisions! Need your help

Old 05-22-2015, 06:02 AM
SteveDoric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hard decisions! Need your help

Hello all,

Ok I am currently into RC Tanks and have a YouTube channel which I enjoy producing videos (RC Tanks 24/7)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1J...view_as=public

But now I am wanting to get into the scale truck side of the hobby. I have Tamiya Tundra with a Rooster Esc and a 55t motor which is cool but I purchased it second hand.

So I now want to buy another quality Scale Truck Kit as I enjoy building them as much as I do driving. Question is which one do you guys recommend?

I am looking at the Triai Finder 2 kit form then get my own electronics but which esc, servos etc

Appreciate your opinions guys

Steve

Last edited by SteveDoric; 05-22-2015 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Mike Flea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any of the Hi-Tec servos would fit your needs, as far as ESC's, I only have used the Axial AE-2, and have had no problems. I know there are better ESC's out there, and maybe some other members can help you with those. A 55t motor will give you a scale crawl, but if you want something with a little more oomph when you need it, try a 35t. I run an Integy 35t on both my 1/6 Jeep, and my SCX10 Chevy Panel.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:14 PM
RustedRC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That will depend on how much you are willing to spend.
like mike said the Hi-tec servos are good ones to use. i use them in 3 of my 4 RC's. there are better ones but cost more.
Any ESC with forward, reverse and a drag brake will work fine. i would recommend the tekin line of ESC's only because that's what i'm going to go for. but rc4wd, axial and vaterra have great crawler ESC's. they should they are all in the top of the RC crawler/trail truck scene. as for a motor i would go for a 35T. good torque and power. i'm using a tekin 35T in my sxc10 and a 60T in my venom creeper and the 35 will run circles around the 60 but the torque in the 60 is almost twice as much. so for the TF2 grab a 35T. remember the higher the turn number the slower you will go.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:07 PM
SteveDoric

Awesome, thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated

With regards to the truck, how does the TF2 perform against the Axial?
Old 05-23-2015, 06:21 PM
Mike Flea

I've never owned one, so my opinions are limited. The TF2 uses leaf springs as opposed to Axial's coil-over shocks, which will limit articulation, but give you a more scale running vehicle. Axial parts are readily available from most hobby shops that carry Axial products, whereas not all hobby shops stock or can order from RC4WD. I personally have not had issues ordering directly from RC4WD, but if you look through other forums, there are numerous complaints. RC4WD does not have a contact phone #, all their customer service is done through e-mails...good luck!
Old 05-27-2015, 01:46 PM
SteveDoric

Love to buy the trail finder but RC4Wd never has stock

Old 05-29-2015, 02:41 AM
SteveDoric

Ok purchased a Tamiya Mountain Rider that was on special

always wanted one
Old 05-29-2015, 06:22 AM
RustedRC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look like a fun truck. never got to run one. have fun with it.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:12 PM
Mike Flea

Nice choice!, I looked that one up and it's quite impressive.