Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Axial scx10 two speed tranny. Answer fast please

Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Axial scx10 two speed tranny. Answer fast please

Old 08-18-2015, 04:44 AM
Neil2704

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axial scx10 two speed tranny. Answer fast please

Today after work I'm thinking of getting the rc4wd two speed tranny and a 35 t motor for the scx10. Does anyone have any experience with it? Does the low gear go slower and more powerful than the stock gear ratio? Basically I'm wondering if it lowers the gear ratio drastically in low gear do I even need a 35t motor? As for high range will it be much faster than stock? It's pretty expensive so I don't want to buy it and regret it. So I have about 10 hours between now and when I get to the hobby shop to make my choice. Please offer your opinions please.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:52 AM
RustedRC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Neil2704. yes it will go faster in high gear and yes it will go slower in low gear but it's not just a simple put it in and go. you will need another servo and a radio and receiver that has more channels so you can operate the new servo for the tranny.
the 35t will give you more torque than the one you have now and in my opinion would be better. remember the lower the turn number the faster but less torque and the higher the turn number the slower but will have more torque. it would cost less just to get a good 35t than to buy the two speed and new radio. any one that runs these kind of trucks would more than likely recommend a 35t. i would go for the new motor now then later on get the tranny and tx/rx.
just for example if they made a 1t motor it would go super fast but wouldn't climb over a pebble and if they made a 100t motor it would go super slow but probably climb mount everest at a snails pace.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:07 PM
Neil2704

I already have a new radio and extra servo. Check my other thread I'll put up the details!
Old 08-18-2015, 04:46 PM
RustedRC

Then go for it man. two speed tranny would be fun in there.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:31 PM
Neil2704

I ran into a snag, The tranny is in and shifts fine but the tranny is thicker, and the front drive shaft is far too long now. It appears i have to cut it down.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:54 PM
RustedRC

Time for a drive shaft upgrade. MIP's are great and Punisher's are good to.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:59 PM
Neil2704

in the future that will probably happen. for now i just want to get it trailing again.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:45 PM
RustedRC

yep cutting it should help.
lets try to keep questions about the same truck in one thread. i don't mind helping and giving input on things but thread jumping on the same RC kinda sucks. please don't take this the wrong way i'm not trying to offend.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:15 PM
Mike Flea

If this is the SCX10 we're talking about, your truck should have come with a few parts trees, one of which should be driveshaft parts. You should be able to find a shorter female half to work for your application.