Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

what the best servo for scx10

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 06:51 AM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an HS-5645MG in mine now. But I'm upgrading to a Savox SC-0251MG. It's cheaper and stronger. I have trouble with my HS-5645MG as it just isn't strong enough. It seems to just be able to turn Trepadors on pavement. And then on the rocks, it really sucks. I regret buying that servo for my crawler, it works much better in a stadium truck or boat. It doesn't die very easily though, unless you seriously overload it like I did once and blew one up. Hitecs are prove to be very tough, but the HS-5645MG just doesn't have the specs to be a good crawler servo IMO.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:17 AM
Mike Flea

Originally Posted by dirtytanker
hows the hitec HS-5645MG?
That's a very good Hi-Tec servo, just needs to be waterproofed if you're going to be running through water, it's 164 oz torque
Old 08-29-2015, 03:01 PM
dirtytanker

had my CRCC4X4 meet today the Hextroink HX12K did well and I roll it like 50+ times and still work not bad for a $35.00 servo.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:00 PM
RustedRC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your happy with that one.
i try to look at these RC's like i would a full size because in a way the're the same. you wouldn't want to put a power steering pump for a quad in your vehicle if it was a big gnarly mud truck but it may work in a small pickup. the weight of your vehicle and how you want it to perform is a big factor in choosing parts and up grades for your RC.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:58 PM
dirtytanker

yea I see what your saying
Old 08-30-2015, 10:07 PM
dirtytanker

DieHarder I was all so thinking of getting a Savox SC-0251MG
Old 08-31-2015, 06:43 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

My Yeti is strictly my "go everywhere I go RC". Having friends drive it through flower beds; gardens; up and over stumps; climbing landscaping/hardscaping obstacles, etc. I have a ProTek RC 100T servo mounted up since June; it's doing the steering duties of my fast paced/semi crawling/rock racer. I'm normally a Hitec/Hobbico servo user, but I've been itchin' to try ProTek servos since they came out. When the price/specs of the 100T seemed right for my needs, I jumped at the chance.

Sorry, I am a RC dork who likes blue stuff on my rides. The added "blueness" of an aluminum middle cased 100T servo, and a $36.99 sale price, pushed me over the edge...causing me to push the "Add To Shopping Cart" button . I have no complaints with the ProTek servo that I chose. The 216 oz/in of torque that the 100T puts out, is more than what is spec'd in the RTR Yeti 151 oz/in servo package, and handles my sometimes "drive it like you stole it" style.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:16 AM
DieHarder

The Protek 100T looks like a great servo. The cool blue and specs are very attractive, but I can't buy one now. At $50 when I had a chance to get one when it was $37, I'll have to wait till they put on sale again. Just not in me to pay more than I could of, especially when a servo of similar specs like the savox goes for $37. But yeah, definitely a top option when it's on sale!
Originally Posted by RustyUs
My Yeti is strictly my "go everywhere I go RC". Having friends drive it through flower beds; gardens; up and over stumps; climbing landscaping/hardscaping obstacles, etc. I have a ProTek RC 100T servo mounted up since June; it's doing the steering duties of my fast paced/semi crawling/rock racer. I'm normally a Hitec/Hobbico servo user, but I've been itchin' to try ProTek servos since they came out. When the price/specs of the 100T seemed right for my needs, I jumped at the chance.

Sorry, I am a RC dork who likes blue stuff on my rides. The added "blueness" of an aluminum middle cased 100T servo, and a $36.99 sale price, pushed me over the edge...causing me to push the "Add To Shopping Cart" button . I have no complaints with the ProTek servo that I chose. The 216 oz/in of torque that the 100T puts out, is more than what is spec'd in the RTR Yeti 151 oz/in servo package, and handles my sometimes "drive it like you stole it" style.