Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Raising suspension on a SCX10

Old 05-07-2016, 10:42 AM
runningmonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raising suspension on a SCX10

Hey guys, I got Jeep wrangle SCX10 and I want to raise the suspension from the standard 90mm shocks to 100mm. Is this a easy upgrade? Rear end should be no problem but am worried about the extra height on the front and steering, do it need to adjust the steering arm from the servo? Also was thinking of upgrading the front steering arms from plastic to alloy any recommendations?

Cheers in advance
Old 05-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Mike Flea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Raising the ride height may alter your driveshaft pinion angle and you'll get binding. You can usually adjust by shortening the lower links a tad to aim the axle pinion more towards the transmission output. Fine for the rear axle, but on the front you may have to make a couple more adjustments, like adjusting the c hubs.

Is your steering chassis mounted or axle mounted? If axle mounted, shouldn't be a problem. If chassis mounted, not sure, none of my trucks use a chassis mounted servo.