Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Skil Drill motor specs

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 02:56 AM
CalebTheRCguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skil Drill motor specs

Does anyone know the specs on the motor that came in the old NiCd Skil drills? It looks like a 550 or 650 sized can. After my Axial 27T motors die I want to use that with an Axial AE-5, on 2S or 3S, whatever the ESC alows. If I can't run it on that ESC what's a good affordable ESC that can handle that motor, be waterproof(or easy to waterproof), and be at least 4S capable(not the most important) Thanks guys
Old 05-12-2016, 05:12 PM
RustedRC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep you can use the old drill brushed motors in your rc trucks but remember drills where made to power in screws so the motors might be around a 35 Tor 40T something like that. i think the motor size is about 550.
the ESC you have can do 3s lipo and is water proofed.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:03 AM
CalebTheRCguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that if I was going to run a drill motor that I would have to need one of those zero brushed limit ESCs? Is there any way to find out what exact turn the motor is?
Old 05-13-2016, 02:58 PM
RustedRC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah you would need a no limit ESC if we didn't know anything about it but you told me where it came from and that info gives me a general idea on what it is.
other than contacting the OEM and taking it apart and counting the windings on the armature but that would most likely mess up the case i'm not sure. maybe someone might be able to share some info i'd like to know as well.

Last edited by RustedRC; 05-14-2016 at 04:06 AM.