Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

looking for rc crawler with locking diffs

Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

looking for rc crawler with locking diffs

Old 11-28-2018, 11:55 AM
imbord3rlin3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for rc crawler with locking diffs

im looking to get a tooled out RC crawler for christmas. budget is 1,000 usd. i want 2 servos so i can lock diffs from my remote and sick suspension so i can climb rocks like a boss. i dont have much knowlege at all about rc crawlers so i dont know what to buy. would someone make me a list of what to get? i have nothing right now, so it would have to include remote as well. thanks!
Old 11-28-2018, 02:30 PM
Mike Flea

Most diffs on crawlers come locked, and the only one I can think of off the top of my head that has a diff that can be locked and unlocked is the Venom Creeper, :https://www.banggood.com/ZD-08422-4C...r_warehouse=CN
Old 04-20-2019, 07:20 AM
ben1272

The only truck that I know of that allows you to lock front and rear diffs individually is the Traxxas TRX-4. The 'Sport' versiono does not include the locking diffs, so make sure to check out the others. It is a ladder type frame construction. They are sold as a kit where you can use your own radio, speed control (ESC), battery, etc. If you buy their pre-assembled rigs, they come with a decent radio and all you need to buy is batteries and a battery charger. I have had great luck with their 'EZ-Peak dual' charger, and using 1 of their 7600mAh 2-cell Lithium batteries, I get hours of run time on single charge. They sell a 2-battery plus charger combo pack. For $1k, you can get all that and have some left over.

Hope you saved some of that Christmas money! All the trucks on the market are pretty aweseom, so cant really go wrong!

Last edited by ben1272; 04-20-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:53 PM
Miked37945

TRX4. I have the Tactical version
Old 04-23-2019, 07:07 AM
trucktrial

in the TRX4 you have 3 locking positions from the transmiter: all wheels, only rear, none