Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

HobbyWing Axe 2300kv in SCX10 ii RTR with pictures

Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

HobbyWing Axe 2300kv in SCX10 ii RTR with pictures

Old 08-04-2019, 03:36 PM
Eric21015

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HobbyWing Axe 2300kv in SCX10 ii RTR with pictures

I recently upgraded my SCX10 ii RTR with a HobbyWing Axe 2300kv and the Axe controller. I mainly bought this combo for the "FOC", this is where the controller regulates the rpm's of the motor to stay consistent when going over obstacles. I haven't upgraded anything in my Trans and that caused problems relatively quickly with a brushed motor. My Spur gear needs an upgrade and I would also like to get a lower count pinion gear. Basically between either my mesh or the Brushed power my Spur is wearing down and I'd like to go metal. I also have excess top speed and I'm looking to gear down my pinion to slow everything down.

From buying the RTR I didn't get some of the experience or knowledge I should have and I have a few questions about my trans,

-Will the Robinson Racing 32P Gen 3 Slipper work for me?
rpphobby.com/product_p/rrp1546.htm
-What is the lowest count pinion I can get that works with a 56t spur?
-What are the Teeth count and pitch on the internal 3 gears of the Trans?

From what I understand Robinson Racing is the way to go for Trans gears, I just need to know what to get from them that is going to work with my SCX10 ii RTR and have the lowest count pinion gear.

I can answer questions on the Hobbywing 2300Kv Axe combo if anybody is interested in it.

The controller comes with Bluetooth out of the box and an app on IOS or android to control it with, I change settings while I'm out with this app and it makes it very easy to tune everything the way I want it. The only downside I found is the proprietary cable to connect the motor and controller together, only Hobbywing motors are going to work with Hobbywing controllers with this connector.

Here are a few pictures of the everything imgur.com/a/TJa0WrK