Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Help with SCX 24

Old 01-06-2020, 05:06 PM
  #1  
sgwood24
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with SCX 24

I have the SCX 24 (Jeep) witch has the AE-6 ESC. The vehicle worked for the first battery charge now when I turn it on it only has power to the steering. Forward and Reverse are unresponsive. I cant seem to find how to re-calibrate the ESC. I found the directions for the AE-2 and tried it but did not fix the problem (Turn on Receiver with throttle to the rear, turn on ESC). The ESC light will blink red when I turn it on. When I try to re-calibrate I turn on the truck and the wheels will work for about 3 seconds. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:28 AM
  #2  
GRIM GPR
Junior Member
 
GRIM GPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Murrells Inlet
Posts: 5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Originally Posted by sgwood24 View Post
I have the SCX 24 (Jeep) witch has the AE-6 ESC. The vehicle worked for the first battery charge now when I turn it on it only has power to the steering. Forward and Reverse are unresponsive. I cant seem to find how to re-calibrate the ESC. I found the directions for the AE-2 and tried it but did not fix the problem (Turn on Receiver with throttle to the rear, turn on ESC). The ESC light will blink red when I turn it on. When I try to re-calibrate I turn on the truck and the wheels will work for about 3 seconds. Any help would be appreciated.
I had similar issues with my scx24. I turned out it was a bad motor. I run a pn racing 130 70t motor. Things incredible. Did you get your fixed?
Old 12-08-2020, 11:59 PM
  #3  
Scx24JK1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pn 130 70q ? Where can I get that for mine !! Iím having the same issue too

Originally Posted by GRIM GPR View Post
I had similar issues with my scx24. I turned out it was a bad motor. I run a pn racing 130 70t motor. Things incredible. Did you get your fixed?

where can I get what you got and not deal with axial going back and forth with this ?

send over the link of the stuff you got please Iíll just replace it ☺️ Thank you !!
Old 12-12-2020, 05:43 AM
  #4  
GRIM GPR
Junior Member
 
GRIM GPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Murrells Inlet
Posts: 5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scx24 help

Hi not sure what happened. I answered your question. But it didn't post. You need to go to Kenon hobby it's the pn racing 70t 130 motor. 14$
from shapeways you'll need the v1 and v2 plates for transmission. They are made by gamey I think. The plates allow for the bigger motor. One is for speed allows a larger pinion. The v2 is for crawling. It faces the motor forward. About 15$, you'll also need a pinion as the stock one is to small for motor shaft. I have a bunch. So if you need one I'll put in envelope and send no charge. Hope this helps if you have any questions just ask. Good building
I'm unable to post pics as I'm a new member will try to finish the 10 post minimum today and post pictures of my build.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:24 AM
  #5  
flashsp-2
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GRIM GPR View Post
Hi not sure what happened. I answered your question. But it didn't post. You need to go to Kenon hobby it's the pn racing 70t 130 motor. 14$
from shapeways you'll need the v1 and v2 plates for transmission. They are made by gamey I think. The plates allow for the bigger motor. One is for speed allows a larger pinion. The v2 is for crawling. It faces the motor forward. About 15$, you'll also need a pinion as the stock one is to small for motor shaft. I have a bunch. So if you need one I'll put in envelope and send no charge. Hope this helps if you have any questions just ask. Good building
I'm unable to post pics as I'm a new member will try to finish the 10 post minimum today and post pictures of my build.
Sent you a PM about the gears if you still have one available.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.