Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Need ESC Recommendation

Old 03-07-2020, 07:34 PM
oldblue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need ESC Recommendation

I have an olllddd AX10- it crawls pretty good but I believe the ESC may be going out-the Hobby Wing 35a crawler ESC has been in the truck since 2009(?) and stops on occasion when stressed too much and is really slow (punch is turned up all the way) It's a brushless rig with a 32T brushless motor, 18 tooth metal pinion / metal 87 spur gear - now would this be a good time to go to a brushed system? Them brush less ESC prices I could almost buy a new truck (being dramatic I guess) any ideas? Thanks in advance Vic in So Cal

I put the body on so I could see it in the rocks - getting old sucks
Old 03-08-2020, 06:36 AM
rgburrill

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Remember that the cost of everything is labor - all raw materials are free. So all this clamor for a minimum wage increase, even for the stock boys at HobbyPartz, can only increase the cost of everything. Thank your local politician. It doesn't help that these are made in China and are now out of stock here. Look for another price increase.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:40 PM
oldblue

Thanks - I get it- any recommendations for a motor /esc for my crawler? I'd like to take advantage of your experience Thanks-
Old 03-09-2020, 05:48 AM
FREEDOM83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hobbywing 1060 or 1080 con BEC with internal programable BEC are the best option in quality/price
Old 03-09-2020, 07:39 AM
oldblue

From Spain- Nice-thanks - Con Gusto
The following users liked this post:
FREEDOM83 (03-09-2020)