Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

New HG-P417 Middle East 4x4 Pickup

Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

New HG-P417 Middle East 4x4 Pickup

Old 06-12-2020, 09:01 AM
BlackSeaRC

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New HG-P417 Middle East 4x4 Pickup

I have just taken delivery of the brand new 1:10 scale crawler from HengGuan. It is a new model and had no reviews plus I have not owned a product from this company before so I felt I was taking a bit of a gamble. However, the price was fairly reasonable and I was intrigued to find out more. HG has a bit of a reputation having previously released the P407 which has become infamous as a Chinese clone of the iconic Tamiya Bruiser. The new P417 "Middle East 4x4 Pickup" also has features that any owner of a Tamiya High Lift truck will recognize. In fact, it is essentially a clone of the legendary Tamiya Toyota Hilux with 3-speed transmission but with a different paint scheme and various other modifications.

I made a video showing the full unboxing of this RTR truck and a close-up look at all the details that can be seen here:

I also attach a variety of photos so you can see the new model. First impressions are actually positive so far.

BlackSeaRC: HG-P417 Middle East 4x4 Pickup

BlackSeaRC: HG-P417 RTR box contents

BlackSeaRC: HG-P417 1:10 scale crawler

BlackSeaRC: HG-P417 1:10 scale crawler

I would be interested to see what people think of the truck and what upgrades I should consider first?
Old 08-02-2020, 02:49 AM
BlackSeaRC

Although I got the HG-P417 back in June, the battery and charger (not supplied as part of the RTR package) took much longer to arrive from China. Luckily, they arrived a few weeks ago and now I've had a chance to power-up the car, look properly at all the special functions (e.g. multi-mode 4WS system, 3-speed gearbox) and give it a proper test drive. For this I headed into the mountains where there are some nice tracks with lots of rocks and steep inclines.

Please have a look at my video below to see how it performs. If you are considering buying this RC car you might also be interested in my assessment of the good/bad points that can be found at the end of the video. This was my first HG product so I was a little unsure what to expect. Also there were no reviews at the time so hopefully this will help.

The following users liked this post:
DrFeelGood (10-21-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 10:27 AM
DrFeelGood

Fairly comprehensive look, thanks.
The name of that rig cracks me up. Middle-East 4x4.....
Old 10-22-2020, 05:04 AM
BlackSeaRC

Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
Fairly comprehensive look, thanks.
The name of that rig cracks me up. Middle-East 4x4.....
It is very similar in style to the trucks that are used in conflicts in the Middle East.

If you are interested, there are lots of additional photos of this truck on the BlackSeaRC Facebook page located here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...12186163872999
Old 10-23-2020, 11:08 AM
DrFeelGood

Originally Posted by BlackSeaRC View Post
It is very similar in style to the trucks that are used in conflicts in the Middle East.

If you are interested, there are lots of additional photos of this truck on the BlackSeaRC Facebook page located here:
Oh yes, I have been familiar with those since seeing them in the Russian-Afghan war of the 80's. Those were a mix of Hilux and BJ45's (my personal favorite)
I would love to see weapons options, say anti-aircraft or rockets.
Cheers
Old 09-06-2021, 01:46 AM
MrPaulM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not bad
Old 09-06-2021, 04:29 AM
BlackSeaRC

Default HengGuan HG-P417 Toyota Hilux High Lift

Originally Posted by MrPaulM View Post
Not bad
Thanks, you might also like to see the truck in action by the river on the Black Sea coast...