Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Where did everyone go??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 06:50 PM
stevep101

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where did everyone go??????

I'm about to pull the trigger on my first crawler and it seems that whole scene is dead. I don't see any upcoming events coming (anywhere near me at least). Has the Rona ruined the hobby?
Old 04-03-2021, 03:03 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Half a million people died in the US (3rd highest killer behind heart disease and cancer), nearly three million in the world and you call it Rona. And think it might have destroyed your precious hobby. It's that callous thinking that caused it to be so high in the United States.
Old 04-03-2021, 01:29 PM
JulliPolas

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

The hobby is still here. You can buy parts, build trucks and trail them...Don't know about USA but my country is in lockdown so I can be fined if police catch me outside the house for anything non-essential...You can walk or run but in your area. Even mountain roads are patrolled
The following 2 users liked this post by JulliPolas:
kilo2018 (10-29-2023), stevep101 (04-03-2021)
Old 04-03-2021, 02:38 PM
stevep101

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Half a million people died in the US (3rd highest killer behind heart disease and cancer), nearly three million in the world and you call it Rona. And think it might have destroyed your precious hobby. It's that callous thinking that caused it to be so high in the United States.
"Rona" being short for "Corona". Dont be an ass. Im well aware of whats going on in the world. I was referring to the fact that most posts of events are from a few years back at the least. People like you are the ones who keep others from getting into these hobbies. I guess its true thats theres one in every bunch...now ****H!!
The following users liked this post:
Harquebus (02-02-2022)
Old 04-03-2021, 02:40 PM
stevep101

Originally Posted by JulliPolas
The hobby is still here. You can buy parts, build trucks and trail them...Don't know about USA but my country is in lockdown so I can be fined if police catch me outside the house for anything non-essential...You can walk or run but in your area. Even mountain roads are patrolled
As I replied to the rude guy....most events ive seen posted were from a few years back or more. Its like everyone just dropped off the Earth .Thanks for the decent response.
The following 2 users liked this post by stevep101:
JulliPolas (04-03-2021), kilo2018 (10-29-2023)
Old 04-03-2021, 02:59 PM
JulliPolas

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

If you're talking about the forums, forget it...everything is on social media,unfortunately.... instant feedback and likes are a trade-off for organized information like build threads
Harquebus (02-02-2022)
Old 04-03-2021, 03:26 PM
stevep101

Originally Posted by JulliPolas
If you're talking about the forums, forget it...everything is on social media,unfortunately.... instant feedback and likes are a trade-off for organized information like build threads
Now that makes total sense. Thanks a bunch! I'll see what i can find there.
Old 05-26-2021, 12:29 AM
LosTxSouL94

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevep101
"Rona" being short for "Corona". Dont be an ass. Im well aware of whats going on in the world. I was referring to the fact that most posts of events are from a few years back at the least. People like you are the ones who keep others from getting into these hobbies. I guess its true thats theres one in every bunch...now ****H!!
dont mind him. he's always like that. feels the need to be "up him self" high and mighty for no real reason. forget he exists. the pandemic has shut everything down as of late obviously. im sure people have bought them but aren't going outside as much. though countries starting to get their act together and the vaccines starting to roll out, im sure you'll start to see events start to pop up soon.
kilo2018 (10-29-2023)
Old 06-20-2021, 08:09 PM
sailorjerry

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lets be nice