Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Help me spec out a Clod Buster set-up....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Help me spec out a Clod Buster set-up....

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 10:17 AM
Mr. Furious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me spec out a Clod Buster set-up....

Hey all. I've wanted a clodbuster since they first came out. I'm thinking of putting together a Clod package to get me started. I was wondering the following:

Can I use my Novak Explorer II ESC with the Clods 2 motors?

What size and how many of each bearing do I need to get the clod completely bearing'ed up?

What is the cheapest oil filled shocks to get to replace the friction dampers? How many do I need?

What kind of run times can I expect with the Novak Explorer and a 3000 matched NIMH pack?
Old 10-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Element

Default RE: Help me spec out a Clod Buster set-up....

Can I use my Novak Explorer II ESC with the Clods 2 motors?

yes but dont expect a high speed truck wired in series with stock motor

What size and how many of each bearing do I need to get the clod completely bearing'ed up?

Four 5 x 8 Bearings Sixteen 6 x 12 Bearings

What is the cheapest oil filled shocks to get to replace the friction dampers? How many do I need?

I think the associated maxx upgrade shocks are a pretty good deal for aorund $60

What kind of run times can I expect with the Novak Explorer and a 3000 matched NIMH pack?

Not sure I got 15min out of my clod on 17t series motors or a 3000mah pack
Old 10-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Mr. Furious

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to go super fast but need a little excitement in my life.....What can you suggest to improve the speed? New motors? Different ESC? 7 cells instead of 6?
Old 10-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Element

I for speed I would deffientley upgrade to a esc that can handle dual paralle motors(ie Super rooster or other) you will pretty much double your speed.

Another thing to upgrade owuld be the motors I would suggest Magnetic Mayhems(22t) they combine both speed and tourq. for one awesome motor.

I run both 14t, 17t and 22t motors depeding on what kind of course.