Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

pajero question

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 02:38 PM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pajero question

ok guys are the pajeros even solid axle,front and back or just the back or vice versa,can you post some pics of the underside of the pajero,i looked and googled and coundn't find any pics of the pajero's under side pls post pics of the pajero's under side[]
Old 01-09-2005, 02:50 PM
pehter aka ibbe

Default RE: pajero question

Rear only.

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...8&page=1&pp=25
Old 01-10-2005, 04:02 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

i wanted a pajero but i dont trust tamiya worth hte hell of it, plus there are really no upgrades unless you look at german websites wich areall hard to find and expensive, the pajero can be really cool but good luck finding info or parts for it
Old 01-13-2005, 04:55 PM
airforceone

I'm not sure I understand why you don't 'trust' Tamiya? Pajeros are great, and you don't have to find German parts distributors. You can build a trail tough Pajero using parts from Tower Hobbies. Your statement is unfounded.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:21 AM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

i didnt know that you get parts for the pajero from tower, i looked all through tower for about a week and there wasnt nuthin. I once bought a m1025 from a german store and they ripped me off cause when the kit arrived it was missing all of the gears and wheels and tires. I tried for a refund but the germans said it was tamiya manufactureing fault and that they would not refund me or give me the parts. German rc cars are cheap peices of junk that hold no value. I like the trucks but getting parts for them is ridiculous because everything is japanese or german.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:43 PM
airforceone

ORIGINAL: jkrustchinsky

German rc cars are cheap peices of junk that hold no value. I like the trucks but getting parts for them is ridiculous because everything is japanese or german.
You have NO IDEA what you are talking about. That is a very blind statement. You got shafted by seller, blame them and not Tamiya. I've never had a Tamiya kit that was missing parts. Was the truck still sealed in the original shink wrap? If not, there's your answer. Germans build some of the most awesome trucks in the RC world, especially in the off road segment.

Give me list of you would want for a Pajero, and I will let you know what can find from a USA based seller and what you can't. And I order plenty of parts from the Japan based sellers on Ebay and I've never had a problem with them. So far to date, only Canadians and Australians give me trouble.[&:]
Old 01-15-2005, 03:48 AM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

ok man the package was sealed thats why i was pissed, i have the money for a pajero and i want one but i want to buy aluminum parts for it and parts to build 4 link suspension, i want to know if other bodies would fit on it, i would also like to find out what size bearings i would need because they come stock with bushings.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:15 AM
airforceone

I'll start with the bearings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I've bought plenty from Walwala, I actually buy most of my RC parts from him. He's never given me a problem, and I'm in the Kaiserslautern area.[8D]

Links: This really depends on how long you plan to extend the wheelbase. All Pajero chassis come with provisions for either a 9.5" and 10.5" wheelbase, and you'll find that many people use Traxxas turnbuckles for 4 link setups:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...L=++&search=Go

Pick your poison.[>:]

As far as bodies go, your options are only limited to your wheelbase.

And for the aluminum parts, anything in particular? It's hard to say what and isn't available when I don't know what you're after.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:38 PM
shortbusjeep

those things look pretty cool, i wish i had a better pic any one have some, what scale are they, they could be made in to a really good pre runner. they look cool

shortbus

ps

ok i found some pics it looks great for a pre runner set up, lift it, trim it some, and give it a little wider front. and this one is nitro sic it is for sale
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43635.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	215954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13395.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	215955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx62080.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	215956  
Old 01-16-2005, 01:17 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

im looking for aluminum seuspension arms and anything else there is aluminum, i live in shweinfurt im in the millitary. and i wanna how the hell shortbus jeep put a nitro engine in a pajero, looks like its a .12 or smaller
Old 01-16-2005, 01:40 PM
shortbusjeep

i didnt, i found it on ebay, it is a 9th scale, looks cool as hell, pm if you want more on it, im not selling it i dont know the guy just found it and it looks cool.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:49 PM
airforceone

The nitro Pajero isn't built by Tamiya, it's an older Kyosho kit. They also made a Toyota 4 Runner in 1/9th scale as well but it was electric if my memory serves me.

Somebody makes aluminum suspension arms but I forget who at the moment. IF you can find a local RC Trial club or something it would definitely be a start in the right direction. Germans are actually kind of big into RC.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:00 PM
shortbusjeep

my mistake, i only was looking for pics and found them i though it was cool and figured id share.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:07 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

yeah the nitro pajero is on ebay
Old 02-06-2009, 02:35 AM
Robnxavier

how to u extend the wheel base on the pajero
Old 02-11-2009, 12:23 AM
48chebbie
My Feedback: (58)

you can use traxxas steering links to stretch the wheelbase. the chassis has plenty of holes for it. actually you can just move the suspension links back to the last set of holes and your good. you will need the driveshaft from the CC-01 kit(volkswagen touareg) or a spacer, like the ones ESP hobby sells for the tamiya juggernaut long wheelbase kit. these trucks have infinite possibilities. they are awesome trail trucks,and you can do just about anything you want with them. and as for upgrades,geez look all over the internet,you can deck one of these trucks out to the nines. i love them. hell i have 9 of them.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Robnxavier

48chebbie do u have any site links that will make the search easier?
Old 02-18-2009, 08:18 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: airforceone

As far as bodies go, your options are only limited to your wheelbase.
Is the Pajero a CC01 or XC01 chassis vehicle? I know that the body of Tamiya's CR01 Jeep Wrangler fits the cc01.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:53 PM
crazy maxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys can get plenty of info and alot of your quations answred at www.scale4x4rc.org