Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Wireless On Truck Cams...

Old 02-15-2005, 11:48 PM
garynjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireless On Truck Cams...

Hey all, I've been checking out different cam kits for some on truck action shots...
Here is one... http://www.microwireless.net/

Has anyone out there done this? And how do you actually record it? Does anyone know?
Do you also need a cam corder to accept the feed? Thanks... G.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:56 PM
studysession

Default RE: Wireless On Truck Cams...

I have a cam. I do not have away to get the video to my PC yet. You need your camcord that can accept feed from external devices or have a portable VCR. A lot of camcorders have outputs but not inputs. Make sense?
Old 02-17-2005, 08:54 PM
garynjr

Ah... That makes sense... Thanksstudy. Oh, and you can get an inexpensive Video capture devise that connects through USB to your pc. I have a Media Ceter PC so it's got all that fun stuff built int... I just don't have a camcorder... i use my canon a80 for my vids now... But that's limiting for quality and length.... Thanks. G.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:23 PM
studysession

I do not have a desktop but have a laptop. My next trip down south I will be picking up something for video capture that will connect to my firewire, but that will be a few months.

I want to take my TLT-1 and my Mini-Monster//Leo-X and put the micro cam on them and get some cool video shots. Also do the same with my touring cars. Have you seen the video called Get-A-Way through Stockholm? It is an ilegal racing video. There are 3 of them. Great video's. I want to make similar videos but using RC's instead of real cars. Call it Get-A-Way through Harrogate and get some shots of famous places in Harrogate using the cars racing around those places with the camera on mounted on them.

That's the goal anyway....
Old 02-18-2005, 06:12 PM
garynjr

Sweet. That sounds like fun... I have never seen those videos... Do you have a link? If not, i could just look them up...

Well, some time over the summer then sounds like we'll have a cool vid to watch huh... Nice....
Old 02-18-2005, 07:31 PM
studysession

Sorry no links -- I got them from a friend. But yeah - hoping once I have everything together, there will be some cool vids to see.

A friend is who gave me the cam for the RC's. He bought it and gave it to me for Christmas. Very cool.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:40 AM
pehter aka ibbe

ORIGINAL: garynjr

Sweet. That sounds like fun... I have never seen those videos... Do you have a link? If not, i could just look them up...

Well, some time over the summer then sounds like we'll have a cool vid to watch huh... Nice....
http://www.getawayinstockholm.com/main.html

There are four of them, the fifth on the way.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:47 AM
studysession

Thanks for the link. I need to contact my friend to see where he got the other 3 movies from. I want to get the fourth.