Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Revo Crawler

Old 04-03-2005, 10:56 AM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Crawler

Hey all,
I got a second revo, so im looking to try and transfer it over to a crawler.
And yes, i did a search, and found one thread, but it wasnt very helpful. So im going to ask you guys, if i install the long travel rockers that came with the revo, do you think that will give it enough travel to make it over some good size rocks? Im just looking to make it into a truck that can crawl small stuff, nothing huge like with the TLT's. Im also thinking that i should upgrade the shocks? theyre inboard on the revo.
Another problem, the revo is pretty low to the ground, but it also has a very low COG, so it tends to stick to the road and the track.
Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:36 AM
thumpin15s

Default RE: Revo Crawler

revo=probably one of the worse things to try to make a crawler with. For one thing, nitro is the worst for crawling. second, with the way the shocks are set up, its difficult to get a big amount of travel. Basically, its just not a crawler, but you can still run over some stuff with it. if you wanted to make an actual "crawler", you'd be better off getting a tlt or jugg or something like that.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:59 PM
nicholsm04

ok, so ill just finish up my TLT i love it ive only had it out once, but i love my TLT
Old 04-04-2005, 02:43 AM
airforceone

Actually, the Revo has an insane amount of travel for an independant truck. The wheel travel isn't the problem, it's the nitro engine, low ground clearance and lo-pro tires that make it tough to crawl.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:50 AM
thumpin15s

plus, independent suspension isn't the greatest for crawling. Solid axles are preferred.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:10 PM
nicholsm04

ok, ill just stick to trying to get the money to finish my TLT, just bought a BB upgrade for my Revo today with an orion .28 so im kinda low on money right now