Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

crawler=£££?

Old 04-19-2005, 04:20 PM
jadster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crawler=£££?

i dont get it i have been on the rc4wd web site and everything is so expensive $199 for suspention links!!! yet i hear of so many people making links ot of aluminium tube, is this a good idea? also chassis, is the gecko II kit really that good? it looks so complicated compared to most peoples home made kits, so my questin is, is it a good idea to make your own parts if you want a good crawler or should you really buy something like the gecko? my idea was to buy like a tmaxx roll cage and link some clod axles to it, would this work?
Old 04-19-2005, 05:39 PM
SuperCrawler

Default RE: crawler=£££?

go to www.rccrawler.com and you will get those answers and more
Old 04-19-2005, 10:27 PM
UtahRacer13

The parts no rc4wd are excellent, but way over priced. Making your own links is very easy. It's your choice wether to buy a chassis or make one. The Gecko 2 is great, but I would get the new gecko pro kit.(It is not shown on website) It includes: Gecko Pro 60/40 split chassis, 4 wheel steering kit, adjustable motor mounts, axle braces, & a custom set of 8 tooth pinions. I believe it is $283 + $25 for S&H. Not sure about the t-maxx roll cage idea, might work..
Old 04-20-2005, 08:41 AM
thumpin15s

it would be a LOT cheaper, and better to make more of your own parts. links for $199?! You can make your own for like $30. But overall, building a crawler can either be really expensive if you dont have anything you need, or fairly cheap if you have a lot of extra stuff laying around.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:42 AM
NitroBuster

they can be built fairly cheap or if you're lazy like me just get a prebuilt chassis.

my Gecko 60/40