Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

What is best for my crawler?

Old 05-05-2005, 10:46 PM
moab_crawler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is best for my crawler?

Im just getting into crawling and I already have the ESC (Super rooster) and the tires/rims. I am building my own chassis so i can mod it myself but what is the strongest tubing for the chassis and what size is best. I was thinking copper and about 3/8". Also what motor would put out the most torque. I heard that the integy lathed motors are good. My set up that i want is the custom chassis, X-factor axles, txt-1 tranny, and revo shafts. If there is anything that you would recomend besides these parts then please let me know.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:20 PM
t-maxx homie 369

Default RE: What is best for my crawler?

well if you wanna make a tube chassis u should use 1/4 steel tube . yes the integy 55t are they best . your setup sounds pretty good
Old 05-07-2005, 06:41 PM
tomas13

do u need a special speed control for that integy 55t?
Old 05-08-2005, 02:13 PM
t-maxx homie 369

well the super rooster is the best but its kinda expensive i dont think you do
Old 05-08-2005, 05:11 PM
crawlinmaxx

ORIGINAL: t-maxx homie 369

well if you wanna make a tube chassis u should use 1/4 steel tube . yes the integy 55t are they best . your setup sounds pretty good

no need for 1/4"

98% of people build rigs from 3/16" brakeline or 3/16" solid rod. everyone i have built is either of the 2 and they all have taken a beating.

if your gonna run Xfactor axles, you may also go the route of a GD600 with a mag mayham motor. it will give ya great runtimes and tons of torque. i run a gd600 and johnson 27t motor w/ a SR esc and get 1 1/2hr runtimes off a 3000 battery pack when i ran my lathe motor, i got about 50 mins runtime and not near the amount of torque i do now

and no you dont need a special ESC to run a lathe motor
Old 05-09-2005, 05:59 PM
moab_crawler

Do you solder your chassis together or weld? And also im kinda new so where by chance could i pick up a GD600 and some X-factor axles. Is there like a clod store/rock crawler store? If and when i get this built and running about how much would it be worth $$$.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:55 AM
crawlinmaxx

i weld the solid rod chassis; together and i brazed the brakeline chassis. you can get a GD600 at tower hobbies for like $13 and then you need to either have someone with a lathe or you( be careful) and turn the shaft down so a small pinion will fit on it. as for the axles, just look around on for sale sections on boards here and rccrawler.com and other boards. yes there are crawler stores

hard to say what it will be worth
Old 06-07-2005, 12:28 AM
coryrach

Are the integy motors set at 0 degree timing? Will they run in a clodbuster? I'm also building a juggernaut with a e-maxx tranny what are the best axles to run x-factor or txt-1?