Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

a little something for you crawlers.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

a little something for you crawlers.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 05:57 PM
LoSiSuPeRtRuCk
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a little something for you crawlers.

[link]http://www.big-boys.com/articles/jeepflips2.html[/link]

you gotta give a hell yea for this one though![link]http://www.big-boys.com/articles/toughjeep.html[/link]
Old 05-19-2005, 09:13 PM
t-maxx homie 369

Default RE: a little something for you crawlers.

Post edited for cussing.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:13 AM
crazychris7

haha i have to correct it.. its a toyo, pretty nice one at that... That shows why i dont go to easter jeep safari or even rubicon/moab period. Spectators are great, but when there people screaming "HELL YEA", getting all excited and goin nuts like its the best and funniest thing ever when someone is rolling their pride and joy down a hill/cliff is just wrong. Ive been wheeling for as long as i can remember, and having run the rubicon back when i was 14 in my own zuk samuri i built with my dad, its in my blood. It makes me sick hearing people scream like that when you could even see the guys helmet rolling out of the truck as the toyo rolled out of control leads me to see what could have happened to the guy if he hadnt had the exocage. Ive seen people get hurt very badly to even fatalities in a situation like that, so it just makes me sick when i go out there and hear that kind of language and behavior when someone could get hurt very badly. Im no saint, but i keep my head fairly well. I grew up around wheeling as a family affair, but now that rock climbing/mudding/trail riding has grown to what it is today, i tend to steer clear of large events like that anymore just because behavior like that at a critical moment would get me a tad riled up. Ive had a fair share of rolls/mishaps on the trail, but thats the nature of the hobby/sport. If you dont see what im saying, think of it as your rc truck you spent all your money on and alot of wrenching running away from you and slamming into a brick wall at top speed... all while some stupid immature kids scream for joy because its "cool" *steps off soapbox* Sorry, just had to voice my opinions on that, ive seen it happen MANY times and it never ceases to amaze me how some people just dont get it...

Chris
Old 05-20-2005, 04:52 AM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

at first I though "dam that's nothing... I've done harder climb's in my jeep" then he rolled and I got a look at the full picture[X(] It's a shame when things go like that but like you say it's part of the sport... the truck looked well set up for what he was doing so I hope he kept his arm/legs in and didn't get more than shook up... the Helmut was a bad sign though[] one thing for sure... a few of the spectators needed there ASS WHOOPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John
Old 05-20-2005, 02:03 PM
LoSiSuPeRtRuCk

i agree, at first with the first roll or so i can understand the " hell yea" but it was kinda weird after that its was just weird that people were more excited than worried. so i agree with you crazy chris!
Old 05-21-2005, 02:46 AM
crazychris7

glad to hear theres still some good guys out there that understand me Im more of a full scale crawler, but ive been contimplating building a rc crawler just to see what its all about and to say ive done it. Heres some pics of my custom built crawler and a pic of my tj i totalled out at moab last year..

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37940.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	274245   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70377.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	274246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ua70382.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	274247  
Old 05-21-2005, 12:00 PM
TwinForced

Hey Crazy I love your Zuk, I had one that was about stock but I did a spring over, welded the diffs and put on 30" tyres and that thing went places I wouldn't walk. Way funn and I miss it.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:32 PM
LoSiSuPeRtRuCk

thats a really nice rig you got there crazy. i want something like that so bad. it looks like so much fun.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:55 PM
thumpin347
My Feedback: (1)

did you do all the chassis work? looks great visually.

i notice a samurai back there my buddy has one set up for street racing. extended 4" in the front with a LS1 out of his wrecked SS, worked heads, cam, direct port 100 shot, ford 8.8 rear, ladder bars, built turbo 350 on drag radials...has 4 mufflers to keep it quiet and as low key as possible. gets alot of action, and makes tons of money. it's a fun project we worked on over the past winter. i'll get pics for ya. we are trying to dial in the suspension to get it to pull its wheels on DRs
Old 05-22-2005, 01:35 AM
crazychris7

Yup, me and my dad built it over a summer back in the shop about a year ago. We made it street legal, and played around with it on the streets, it even was my daily driver for about 3 months talk about some wierd looks.. We buitl it, put in a 5.0 from my 91 mustang coupe that i turned into a 9 sec street legal turboed beast it has a crawl ratio of i think 180:1 but it can get up to 70 in 2wd before it starts acting up. it has eliptical spring in the rear (1/2 leafs) and coils in front, manual trans, 4 wheel hydraulic steering... i could go on and on, but it had to be a 2 seater (so the wife can sit there and nagg on me about how i drive ) The zuk is my dads, pretty much fully decked out... he bought it off the lot and has been tinkering with it since 88, so its got all the goodies...

Chris
Old 05-22-2005, 12:13 PM
thumpin347
My Feedback: (1)

is it a stock shortblock? i'm going to be rebuilding my 5.0 also once the summer is over. its an h/c/i car with a wet system right now. i'm planning on going with a 331 shortblock from DSS, but then again, i might try to find an A4 or R302 block and build a motor with a Scat rotating assembly with forged crank and just be done with it and have a bullet proof motor. i'll probably run 11:1 compression with a direct port 150 shot, and leave room to go with high boost later on when the money is there and just leave myself with changing pistons when i go boost application.