Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

TLT problem

Old 06-16-2005, 07:43 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TLT problem

My TLT just came in a few days ago, I got it all built up and running and now find I have a problem.

Under hard acceleration one of tires (I beleive its the right one, havent really paid attention) comes up off the ground long before the other one does.

Im not too familiar with this type of suspension so I dont really know what to look to for.

All the links should be the same length as I checked them with my calipers, although most of the building was done very late at night (like 3 am) so I may have messed up some of them.

The only other thing I could think of is the shocks, I didnt really mess with getting them filled perfect as I built it as fast as I could, I know one of them is a bit low on oil but i dont recall which one it is.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:07 PM
RC SNYPER
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: TLT problem

I believe that is commen with the 4 link trucks or other rock crawlers, mine does it sometimes. I'm not completely possitive on that particular part so if someone could back me up or tell us if thats a bad thing.

Kenny
Old 06-17-2005, 12:41 AM
jakjr

I just remeasured the links and they were all good except for one of the lower rears which was about 1/64" too long.

Made it the correct length, but it didnt help the problem. Shocks are better than I had thought, and they dont hit the air pocket till the end of their travel so that shouldnt a problem.

The more I think about it, I think its happening due to the torque of the motor.

I need to get a wheelie bar for this beast (well i mgith just make one), it would deffinately keep me from having to run around as much [:@].
Old 06-17-2005, 12:42 AM
RC SNYPER
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: jakjr

I need to get a wheelie bar for this beast (well i mgith just make one), it would deffinately keep me from having to run around as much [:@].

lol, i don't need one as mines only 2wd right now
Old 06-17-2005, 01:11 AM
jakjr

What happened, the dog bone got lost?

I was dumb enough to take mine out in the grass before doing any indoor testing, got about 75 feet, hit a little jump (like 5 inches of air) and both dogbones dropped out.

After about 10 minutes of crawling around on my hands and nees I found one, looked for a little while longer and couldnt find the other, got out the metal detector and finally found it after about 15 minutes of searching (it was sitting under the car LOL).

I messed around with the links and put more foam in the outdrives, been bashing it pretty hard and doing alot of "shoe" crawling in my house and they have fell out since.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:23 PM
badtodabone

its called torque twist. The tire that comes off the ground first put a stiffer spring and fluid set up