Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

tlt are thay good

Old 06-23-2005, 11:41 PM
SlideWaysTeamGC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tlt are thay good

are the tlts a good dase for a crawler i see pics and vids of rock crawler tlt 10 with a 200 doller budget is it possible to build a good crawler with a tlt and whats up with the stampede trannys going in them also is that a bolt in mod or do you have to drill the chassis
Old 06-23-2005, 11:52 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: tlt are thay good

Im pretty sure you have to modify the chassis some to put the stampede tranny in.

If youve already got electronics, or arent counting them in the budget, then yes I'd say you could turn a TLT into a crawler for around $200.

The kits are only $80 at ultimate hobbies, so that leaves a whole $120 for mods.

Old 06-24-2005, 01:37 AM
SlideWaysTeamGC
My Feedback: (2)

well im looking at ebay and have found a couple for cheap if thay will stay that way mabey buy one bbut my budget is close to nothing
but i will try as i am going to post a pic and a vid of my mini giant in action as when i get the motors in
and i like 18 scale crawler alot beter and cheper than clodbusters
Old 06-24-2005, 02:02 PM
RC RAC3R

I got my tlt off ebay.. modded.. 12" wheelbase etc.. its a good spot to buy... if the price is right..

stampede tranny will not drop into stock chassis.. modding is needed... or a new chassis like a bulu 2 or something..[:-]