Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Who all makes TLT wheel wideners?

Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Who all makes TLT wheel wideners?

Old 06-24-2005, 12:09 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who all makes TLT wheel wideners?

I'm gonna get started on my TLT and was gonna do the widening first.

Ive looked around a bit and so far all I'm seeing are the thundertech wideners and the Inet wideners. The Inet wideners are out of stock, and I didnt really like the thundertech ones cause theyre quite expensive to just be plastic ($45 for the set!), the inet ones are the same price and are aluminum.

Next option would be to do what RCCA did and use TG-10 axles with wide hex's and wild dagger rims. But I cant find the TG-10 axles in stock anywhere [:@]

Anyways, does anyone know any otehr companies that make wheel wideners for the TLT, or at least a place that has the TG-10 rear axles in stock?
Old 06-24-2005, 01:38 AM
SlideWaysTeamGC
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Who all makes TLT wheel wideners?

i would wait for the inets cheaper stronger and can run most of the 2.2 truck rims
Old 06-24-2005, 11:29 AM
jakjr

Yeah I think I'm just gonna wait for them. Their site says theyll be in at the end of june so they should be back in stock pretty soon.

I also found some Tobee Craft wideners, but I didnt like them.

In the meantime, Im gonna buy this Tobee craft long wheelbase kit I saw. Its supposed to make it 60mm longer, which is like 2 1/2 inches.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:00 PM
RC RAC3R

hmm.. is it good to have a wider stance on a truck? I like the stock width.. because there isnt much that it will get stuck / hung up on... post pics when you get them...
Old 06-24-2005, 04:48 PM
jakjr

Dont know if its good for crawling (its good for stability though), but Im just wanting it a bit wider cause I'm gonna make it longer and run 2.2 wheels/tires (proline moabs are what im planning on, but I dont think theyre in stock anywhere yet).

I dont think you can run the bigger tires without widening it, they'd hit on the links when you turned.