Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

new to rock crawlin, love to get info on to set up my clod

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

new to rock crawlin, love to get info on to set up my clod

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 12:41 AM
pedemaster-rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to rock crawlin, love to get info on to set up my clod

Hey guys, Im new to rock crawlin. like i seen all these people customizing their clods into rock crawlers so i decided to do it my self. like i know how to make a custom chassis. all i need to know is the 4 link suspension, where do i get or do i have to custom fab up the rods and stuff like that. im going to be takin my clod apart and start the 4 link with just the clods axles and custom chassis. the only things i need help is with the suspension and types of electronics i would need. so can someone help this newb/beginner out?

Please and thanks,
Eric
Old 07-08-2005, 02:37 AM
SlideWaysTeamGC
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: new to rock crawlin, love to get info on to set up my clod

hahahehe nood clods are cool and a novak esc and a tq3 radio from rccrawler.com but im sure you can get four links from ebay or you can fab your own depends on your budget if its big do it your self if now ebay is the way
Old 07-08-2005, 08:17 AM
moab_crawler

ive custom built my clod and i got everything from ebay and lowes the local hardware store. But 4-links on ebay for like $20-$25 and go with the super rooster or evx ebay is the way to go just be carefull
Old 07-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Daveyboy2oo1

You can cheaply and easily make your own links out of Allthread and 1/4" Aluminum Tubing. All you need is a hacksaw and some sandpaper. I really think allthread and tubing makes the strongest links, I'm sure there are better ball ends but Traxxas ones work very good for the price.

Here is a pic of basic materials I used to make my latest chassis and links

Old 07-08-2005, 04:54 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

I'm sure there are better ball ends but Traxxas ones work very good for the price.
The traxxas ends are in fact very good, and quite cheap. The Thundertech ball ends are also very good, but their pretty pricey as you can only buy them in like 50 or 100 packs.

The worst ball ends are the GS racing ones, I paid 18 bucks for a set of them (20 in all) and have broke half of them [:'(]
Old 07-14-2005, 05:10 PM
pedemaster-rc

So i get a pack of traxxas ball ends, 1/4" aluminum tubing and how long do the all thread links have to be? just depends how long i want the truck stance? and im thinking oc custom chassis, does it matter how big it has to be? as long as it holds the body post?