Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

55t lathe motor/Rock Crawler

Old 07-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Stampede99
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 55t lathe motor/Rock Crawler

I am new to the Rock Crawling, I have a clod right now with stock 540 motors and I hear alot about the 55t lathe motors by integy will those work with the traxxas EVX ESC?

And also what is the best way to make the wheel base wider not longer, I am making my own 4 link, the truck is RTR now but I am making longer 4 link for longer wheel base but it needs to be wider any ideas, if you could please help me out. Thanks
Old 07-12-2005, 03:56 PM
jimbobmarley

Default RE: 55t lathe motor/Rock Crawler

wel the evx can take it but most people us a super rooster - but evx is fine as you could run 2x 4.8v batteries etc with ease

as for wider you will either have to cut up axle and add bits of tubing in = get longer dogbones/cvd and make to fit
or get some wheel wideners/off set wheels although these will get you about 2" max and may snap
Old 07-12-2005, 05:14 PM
RC RAC3R

Default RE: 55t lathe motor/Rock Crawler

I would suggest wheel wideners, or wheel offset.. but the wider you go, the more stress on other parts.. just be aware that parts may snap easier...