Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Electronics do not fit in TLT-1 Max Climber - is it possible?

Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Electronics do not fit in TLT-1 Max Climber - is it possible?

Old 07-19-2005, 07:09 PM
GadgetGuy2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronics do not fit in TLT-1 Max Climber - is it possible?

Hello all,

I have just checked the size of various receivers and speed controls, and I have found that the speed control I am getting ( the DuraTrax IntelliSpeed Auto-Sport Forward/Reverse ESC ) is quite large. In various pictures it seems ( my TLT-1 is still somewhere in the mail for the US to Canada - so I cannot try for myself yet) that there is not too much room for the receiver / speed control.

I have a futaba micro receiver ( which came with my Futaba 3PDF radio).

Is it possible that the speed control + radio will not fit in the available space on the Max Climber? Has anybody had such a problem? Any solutions? Maybe the receiver can be put elsewhere? Where?

Any comments would be welcome...

Miklos

PS: sorry for the newbie question...
Old 07-19-2005, 07:47 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electronics do not fit in TLT-1 Max Climber - is it possible?

I use a Futaba micro receiver and a futaba MC-230 ESC in mine. I have room to boot but the Futaba ESC has a very small footprint.

Im pretty sure you should be able to fit the Intellispeed ESC on it though, but you might need to stand it (or the reciever) on its side.

Worst comes to worst you could always stick the receiver on the side of the chassis, or ontop of the rear servo plate (if youre not going to do 4ws that is).