Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

building my own clod chassis

Old 08-14-2005, 11:02 PM
madstampede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building my own clod chassis

ok im building my own custom clod chassis cuz the i dont like nun of the ones you can buy built im going to build a whole tubular chassis im going to use five feet of aluminum tubing on this and its going to be about 17'' long and 5'' wide and 7'' tall what do you guys think i need help on this pls thanx peace.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:02 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Default RE: building my own clod chassis

I'm planning on doing this too. Do you have any soldering experience? You need a soldering iron, solder, solder flux will help alot.(flux is alot easier to use if using a torch.)If you can't solder yur screwed. It takes a while to learn. I started by soldering togeter some 1/16th inch wiring into shapes. If you use an iron make sure you heat the part your soldering before you apply solder. Buy some extra tubing incase you screw up. Also you need something to bend the pipe. I my have responded too late, so if you already made it and it worked out, tell me how you designed it, kuz I gotta build mine. Hope this helps.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:03 PM
lilcurtis
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: building my own clod chassis

Do you have any soldering experience? You need a soldering iron, solder, solder flux will help alot
i would suggest not soldering unless its just a show truck. solder tends to be very weak and will not hold up under a lot of pressure. i messed around with trying this a while back with a few dif types of solder and tubing. nothing i tried was nearly up to par with the durability you NEED for crawling. keep in mind the chassis you can buy off crawler sites are built for proformance. they are strong and give a ton of articulation while keeping low GOGs.