Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

REVO... TO CRAWL OR NOT TO CRAWL???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

REVO... TO CRAWL OR NOT TO CRAWL???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 11:12 PM
BrotherBjork
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVO... TO CRAWL OR NOT TO CRAWL???

Well, we've all seen the "REVO ROCKS" project presentation from Steve Slayden and Traxxas by now and if you haven't then quit reading now and go to [link=http://www.traxxas.com/support/pub/revo_rock_crawler.htm]Traxxas[/link]. Otherwise let's see what everybody's got to say about the Revo's crawling abilities without all the usual nitro vs ep controversy if that's even possible. The Revo's suspension setup seems very capable with the long travel option and should lend itself readily to the crawling genre with little to no suspension modification necessary. So is anybody out there crawling with a Revo? If so please post some pics of your setup and elaborate on the Revo's abilities in this regard.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:59 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: REVO... TO CRAWL OR NOT TO CRAWL???

Its quite hard to not say anything about it being nitro as that is the #1 problem.

Power source aside, I think it would be a decent crawler. COG is a bit high compared to the real crawlers, but I think the suspension would be fine.

But its a lost cause without having the low end control/torque necessary for crawling.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:25 AM
BrotherBjork
My Feedback: (60)

The problem as you mentioned it is not necessarily that it is nitro but more that it is 2-cycle nitro coupled with a centrifugal clutch configuration instead of a direct drive/slipper system coupled with a 4-cycle power plant or a hydrogen fusion power plant coupled with a turbine generation system if one could be produced to scale. Being nitro or not nitro or fusion or reaction neither supplements or inhibits the low end power band or torque configuration of any given power generation system necessarily as the power generated by that said power system is applied. Don't you agree?
Old 09-11-2005, 01:36 AM
J_D

change the gearing... ?
Old 09-11-2005, 12:52 PM
SirAIGman
My Feedback: (2)

anyone notice how in the video there is no gas in the tank, no exaust, and the music is REALLY loud?!
Old 09-11-2005, 09:56 PM
AddictedtoRC

And the truck is mostly going down hill, which doesn't take much,