Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Just wanted to show my rigs

Old 10-04-2005, 08:24 PM
rcmtdriver2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just wanted to show my rigs

Still working on them but they are quite capable at the moment. The jeep uses tlt axles,stampede trannsmission,and a chassis made from angled aluminum stock. The ford is a blackfoot body is sitting on the same chassis for the jeep but I usually have it on an xb chassis.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Stampede99
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Just wanted to show my rigs

How did you make the chassis with the angle alum. Could you let me know I am looking for diff, ways to make a chassis right now.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:49 PM
rcmtdriver2000

Hope these pictures help you out. I'am not the greatest photographer. I got my aluminum from home depot. The t-max braces helped out alot. The transmission is mounted to a piece of aluminum and the links for the 4-links are under the bottom and just mounted by screws. The hardest part of the build was working out how to get such a short wheelbase and not have the shafts at too extreme of an angle. I'am still working on the jeep as you can tell. I'll be lowering it and getting a more scale tire in the wheelwells. If you need any more help feel free to ask.
RC
Old 10-09-2005, 01:33 PM
studysession

Looks great!