Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Extreme Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 05:48 PM
rossj711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extreme Newbie

Hey. I am new to the forum and RC crawlin in general.
The other day I purchased my 1:8 scale Nylin Rock Crawler Jeep from Wal-Mart. I love it. I drive a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Rubicon Express suspension, Pro Comp MTs etc etc etc. I am hardcore outdoor oriented so I love this stuff.

Questions:

I ran the crawler about 45 minutes (in low gear) in some mud and steep hills and the in high gear it'll go then stop, go then stop. I think the battery is ALREADY dead. Normal?

I want to upgrade to larger tires, where in the world do I find them? Can I upgrade to a more powerful battery? Where to find that also.

Help me, I am very new to this.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Jeepjunky

Default RE: Extreme Newbie

Try www.rccrawler.com They have a complete section on hop-ups for the NYLINT crawlers.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:37 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Default RE: Extreme Newbie

when you say already dead, are you saying that it wouldn't work in high gear kuz of this, or the battery ran out after 45 minutes, kuz 45 minutes is awesome