Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

ESC Q's?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 10:05 PM
moab_crawler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC Q's?!?!

I couldn't find an ESC form so i figured i'd talk to my crawlin buddies but im building/built a hovercraft and just need some final touches on it and im wonderin what esc's i could use to power 2 johnson motors. They are wired in Parallel and i need an esc that would be cheap and work so if anybody knows of some that would work please post back thanks.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:17 PM
dezfan

Default RE: ESC Q's?!?!

Try the MOPED ESC. I use it on my Clod w/ duel 55t lathe motors.

If the Johnson are 540 based and 27 or more, you should be ok.

Good luck and post some pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOPED-V16R-Plus-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-11-2006, 09:33 PM
e-maxxcrawl
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: ESC Q's?!?!

if they are for lift get a swich wired up
but if they are for propulsion use
20 Amp Forward/Reverse Electronic Speed Controller $68.95

20 Amp Forward/Reverse Electronic Speed Controller Radio Control - Electronic Speed Controller, with forward and reverse control Can used for up to 20 Amp motors or a 20 Amp combination of motors. (2 x 400 motors). Features forward and reverse control for the thrust motor when using a 3 or 4 channel radio set up. This ESC is selected for use with reversible thrust with the following kits: ElectroCruiser, Hover Demon, SK5, SR.N5 Can be used with 330, 400 and 480 size motors for other model hovercraft applications when throttle and forward/reverse control is required for thrust via the radio control link. Can be set for forward control only and also features BEC.

[link=http://www.hovercraftmodels.com/store/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d4.html]clich here to look at[/link]