Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

no nitro crawlers

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:29 PM
kdiddy93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: no nitro crawlers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlhr2...eature=related
Old 03-31-2008, 07:06 PM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

Here is something for you nitro boys to try. If you don't wanna try or are affraid to try to hold the tires of your nitro MT and then pulling the throttle trigger, pull the truck completely up against a wall or your foot or something. Then pull the trigger and see what happens. The tires will not spin and the motor won't rev up. It will just bogg down. Where is your almighty nitro torque at now? Now do the same thing with a electric MT (E-maxx or E Savage or whatever else you got). It will either spin, break a axle, or flip upside down trying to climb whatever it is.

That is why electric motors are so much more popular in crawlers. They won't bog down. They will either climb over or break something trying to.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Anomie

I agree. If it doesn't bog, the nitro drivetrain will burn up clutches before twisting parts to the breaking point. If a vehicle is made heavy enough for traction, the clutch will go, and if it is too light, the clutch will go

Good point [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 04-01-2008, 09:47 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Reiko

I agree. If it doesn't bog, the nitro drivetrain will burn up clutches before twisting parts to the breaking point. If a vehicle is made heavy enough for traction, the clutch will go, and if it is too light, the clutch will go

Good point [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
And if it finally does overcome the obstacle, it will prob lurch over it out of any real control. Something to consider.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:07 PM
dezfan

Thats right the NEA is attempting to pass laws to stop the production of all 2-stroke motors due to the vast amounts of pollution and hazardous materials produced by and for them. These laws will be estabalished by the end of 2008. Also after 2010 all persons caught operating any form of a two-stroke motor will have it removed from his or her possesion and a large fine will be instituted. This includes our Nitro motors because they are two-stroke also! Go drive your nitro vehicle while you still can! Another idea would be to find a way to reduce the pollution output of the motors.

The future is electric.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Anomie

The future is electric.
Oh yes, especially for this segment of the hobby.

That's some kind of 2-stroke April fool you have there, Dez
Old 04-01-2008, 04:48 PM
FirestormBasher

ORIGINAL: dezfan

Thats right the NEA is attempting to pass laws to stop the production of all 2-stroke motors due to the vast amounts of pollution and hazardous materials produced by and for them. These laws will be estabalished by the end of 2008. Also after 2010 all persons caught operating any form of a two-stroke motor will have it removed from his or her possesion and a large fine will be instituted. This includes our Nitro motors because they are two-stroke also! Go drive your nitro vehicle while you still can! Another idea would be to find a way to reduce the pollution output of the motors.

The future is electric.
Lol, but the sad truth is power plants that create electricity create far more pollution than two strokes ran from day one.

Has anyone heared of a Mini CVT tranny? I saw a proto in one of the drag racing threads, will have to find the link. I belive this will play a big role in nitro crawlers.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:54 PM
FirestormBasher

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0BERPIp364]MINI CVT[/link]

Think of how this could change RC accross the board even electric.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:26 PM
dezfan

ORIGINAL: Reiko

The future is electric.
Oh yes, especially for this segment of the hobby.

That's some kind of 2-stroke April fool you have there, Dez
I don't know what your talking about?
Old 04-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: FirestormBasher

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0BERPIp364]MINI CVT[/link]

Think of how this could change RC accross the board even electric.
Yes, I believe the continuously variable system has been brought up in the other never-ending nitro crawler thread, but it was quite some time ago. That would be a great way to transmit power, but the rotation would probably need to be slowed prior to the input of a CVT. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that a small 2-stroke glow engine runs far too high an RPM range for a belt.

Other opinions?
Old 04-01-2008, 06:57 PM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

Companies like Polaris made it work in their 2 stroke utility ATV's a few years ago. That should help alot.

I'm still a hardcore electric guy when it comes to RC's though